Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef 15 Dec 2010
December 16, 2010, 02:54:11 PM
Contender:- Welcome back to Bugatti - We Arrived at Bugatti Reef today, at a section of reef we have fished for only 3 days this whole year, and fished for an action packed 1 hour session after unloading boats and getting sorted after the long trip in from Diamond Islets. We arrived at the anchorage to immediately find 50kg GTs swimming under the boat, but departed quickly to stop at the first point and found showering fusiliers. First cast and we were into the action with a 25kg GT. The next hour was non stop action, with another 5 GTs landed, a 10kg Spanish mackerel and a 10kg tea leaf trevally landed. The biggest GT was around 28kg, and the smallest around 20kg. Returning to the mothership we landed another couple of GTs around 35kg from the back of the boat, and watched the sun set over a perfect calm ocean. This place just rocks, can't wait for tomorrow!! Calm weather for the next 4 days, bring on the fish watch this space tomorrow, because someone will catch a 100lb GT!

Chris:- Well coming back to Bugatti after a few months was a really exciting for me. You could say I was missing it just a little. As the mothership moved its way through to the anchorage I was already planning on where I was going and as soon as the mother ship was safely anchored I was loading gear on my boat and the guys were straight on. I decided to work a few edges where the current was pushing up on and finish the day off on the shoals. Well it was game time from the word go. In an hour or so fishing we managed to boat 8 GTs and a nice 15kg Spanish mackerel. Biggest probably went around the 32kg mark and the rest around the 20 to 25kg range. We were casting cubera and a skipjack poppers around and I definitely think the lure of the day would have to be the 125 cubera rigged with 2 sj41 9/0 hooks on the belly and a jobu 9/0 following on the tail and I could tell it was definitely a good hook up rate. There was so much bait around the shoals it was ridiculous and you could guarantee that there was a fish on each patch. Had a couple of almighty takes right next to the boat one which stood out to me was when Lucas was popping but misjudged a pop and as the popper was flying through the air a nice 32kg GT was following it and as the popper landed next to the boat the GT engulfed it, Was a pretty amazing take. Hopefully the chaos continues....