Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef 16 Dec 2010
December 18, 2010, 10:40:26 AM
Damon:- The weather was perfect today, and the fish were biting well in the morning. We were coming back to the mothership for lunch, so could not go too far, but we had 5 GTs landed with the biggest around 28kgs by 10:30am. There were some awesome takes in the calm water, and we missed a lot of fish with some very enthusiastic striking by the anglers. The highlight of the morning was an 8kg dogtooth tuna taken on a 114 stick shadd lure on the light spin rods while casting at the reef edge. We also landed a lot of shark mackerel and hooked two 20kg Spaniards, which both managed to throw the hooks. Lunch back on Odyssey was followed by a very slow tide in the afternoon, and the fish were a little slow, but we landed 2 GTs, both over 25kg, and then went and played with the very prolific schools of tuna on the light tackle for the rest of the afternoon. We ended the day with 9 GTs released and a heap of other species. As I write this the GTs are swimming around the back of the boat, and it's time to go and watch the sun set from a deck chair on the top deck. Until tomorrow.... Oh, and by the way, it looks like my prediction of a 45kg GT today was very close. Saltaire got one that would have been around 40-43kg, so a very good effort indeed!!

Chris:- well the weather you could say was perfect. We as guides only dream about days like these because we don't see it very often and makes the day
just that much better. Today I decided to get the guys into some GTs and try lets say break them a little. I worked a few edges on a couple of reefs south and did well. Boated 12 or so GTs for the morning. Most were around the 20 to 25kg mark which was good. A couple of great takes. For the afternoon a couple of guys went for a spearfish on the edge of the reef for dinner and did well picking up 4 or so nice trout to around the 4kg mark. This finished off the day well