Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef 17 Dec 2010
December 18, 2010, 10:54:44 AM
Contender:-
Another great day on the water, flat calm, and the fish were biting this morning on a good run out tide. We got spooled, had a reel sieze up on a big fish, had triple hookups on GTs and sharks chasing mackerel at the boat, jumping Spaniards, big maori wrasse on jigs and some nice trout on jigs, as well as plenty of barracuda. We saw GTs and chinaman fish swimming in 1m of crystal clear water, GTs flanking rays, and all sorts of other action. We found where all the scad on the GBR are made, the scad factory has BILLIONs of Scad, like nothing I have ever seen, if you sat there for too long they would jump in the boat and sink you!! We came back to the mothership for a 2hr lunch break and still ended up with 11 Gts in the boat for the day as well as a heap of other smaller fish on the soft plastics. Biggest GT landed today was around 28kg, and smallest was around 20kg, so very nice average size. Did I mention it was HOT today, my gosh, I am sure I have been hotter, but I can't remember when. No wind, and I think my eyeballs were sweating today, but such nice weather it did not matter. A very enjoyable day.

Chris:- Well today was the most calmest weather I have seen in quite sometime 0 knots which made the day quite hot. Fished the morning on a few reefs to the south we did pretty well boated 7 or so nice sized GTs in about an hour then tried our luck on the light gear. Caught a nice 15kg mackerel on 30lbs tackle some nice sized coral trout and red throat emperor plus nice coral trout around the 3.5kg mark. GREAT DAY'S FISHING.