Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Major Craft Off Blow Jigging
February 11, 2011, 12:11:21 AM
Came across these and a couple of models interested me for the lighter jigging I want to do, they seem well priced, but are they any good? Would like to hear from people who've used them or seen them in the flesh.

Jamie Moir

Re: Major Craft Off Blow Jigging
February 11, 2011, 12:23:22 AM
Hi Jay,

dazsamfishing, chrisp and a few others have the majorcraft alexanders, and they're very nice. Alfred has the cheaper PE4 jigger and it seems fine, there have been a few pics of it on FW awhile back. I have one of their casting models and its great for the money, although Alfred's caster blew up in under two weeks. It was one of those funny rods where the joint is forever coming apart and thats where it exploded.

If you were looking at budget jiggers out of singapore, I'd go the Golden Mean Earthshaker in PE4, or the Sabel Dance in PE2 (well PE1, but it can take it). Both have served me well. If you were going to go a bit more spendy, then the Evergreen Poseidon rods are cool, if scary - their PSPJ410 is rated to PE4, but its REALLY a PE8 rod (both dazsamfishing and brody have them). Mightymouse picked up their PE3 High pitch jerker (fast taper, 4'10"), and Honsu bought their PE2 Slow pitch jerker (slow taper, 6'4"). Just my opinion, but their PE3 SPJ is too long to really bother with...

I'm sure the sponsors can help you out, but let me know if you need a source, I recently found a new good cheap one ;)