Dan

Re: Nomad Sportfishing - Marion Reef 2008
May 09, 2008, 10:49:06 PM
I hear ya Greg, RobC & I have been busily gathering our gear, and prepping for a couple of weeks now. We spent a couple of hours together this morning on a local beach with our gear for a 'test & tune', iron out the cobwebs so to speak.
The excitement is gathering, this time in a week we'll be on Hamilton full of expectations (and a few sherbets no doubt).
Again, looking forward to meeting ya's all, and mixing it up with ya's on whatever Marion wants to throw our way.

(did i mention................ I'M EXCITED!!!! ;D 8) :o :D :D)

See ya's in a week. ;)

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
May 10, 2008, 08:32:54 PM
Don't get too excited, Dan. We still got a week to go.
Of course, this time next week, you'll be having dinner on the Odyssey after hopefully, already having wet a line     ;D
Rob is taking an early holiday doing some sightseeing in Sydney for a couple of days first
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Rob Ciotucha

May 11, 2008, 11:12:20 AM
Yes 2 more sleeps before my trip starts dan  :P :P sucker...  Hopefully the guys sus out whats happening this week ready for when we get there. Cant wait.

Cheers
Rob

Janelle O'Connell

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 11, 2008, 11:54:54 AM
The boys flew out 7.15am this morning from Hamilton.  I doubt they would have slept last night for the excitement.  They have barely been able to contain themselves this past week. 
Duncan finally had to admit defeat and actually left all his fly gear and most of his clothes at home - just ran out of space.  (the fact that he had 13kg of camera gear didn't help).  Hopefully he won't get too distracted by the fish and actually remembers to use the cameras.  Have fun all of you who are off at the end of this week.  Say hi to him for me when your paths  cross. 

Janelle

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 11, 2008, 12:24:56 PM
Thanks Janelle, good to see someones holding the fort :), 'on Mothers day' :o
   Greg
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Janelle O'Connell

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 11, 2008, 02:02:47 PM
Hi Greg,
I keep telling him he is lucky to have me ;)  I should have done what some of the other guys wives did -   They flew over with them and are going to relax for the week on Hamilton Island.  The fun part with staying though is that all sorts of new toys will arrive this week while Duncan is away and I get to see everything before him.
PS You and I should stop meeting like this - people will think we do nothing else but sit in front of our computers.  You should go and cast practise poppers with Cam.

Dan

May 12, 2008, 11:22:42 AM
Don't get too excited, Dan. We still got a week to go.
Of course, this time next week, you'll be having dinner on the Odyssey after hopefully, already having wet a line     ;D
Rob is taking an early holiday doing some sightseeing in Sydney for a couple of days first

Trying to keep a lid on my excitement at this stage, less than a week out, is an exercise in futility Brandon. Today(Monday) is my last day at work, really just here to tidy up a few loose ends, and ensure my staff will have everything  they need at hand while i'm away. I'll spend the next couple of days with my wife and kids, then i'm off!!!!!!!!

Like Rob, i seriously can't wait....
I've fished all my life, and had my share of fishing trips, and like all fisho's, have many fishy stories to tell, but i can't recall any trip i've done, giving me this much anticipation.....

See ya's Friday on Hamilton.

(And Rob- stop rubbing it in ya rotten mongrel....   :D)

Santosh Shanmuga

May 28, 2008, 09:00:48 AM
Hey guys, how was the trip?

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 28, 2008, 11:27:15 AM
Yeah, can't wait for the 'Deviants' team report ::) ;D
Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 12:06:14 PM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Dan

May 29, 2008, 12:12:20 PM
Yeah, can't wait for the 'Deviants' team report ::) ;D

Team who......  ::) ;D :o

C'mon Bun- you know ya liked it....

How's ya coffee this morning, any booby birds around..... hehehehe  ;D

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 29, 2008, 09:56:36 PM
It was easier getting a new Coffee than Pkts of Cigs
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Dan

May 29, 2008, 11:07:52 PM
 ;D ;D  Nice one Bun

Rob Ciotucha

May 29, 2008, 11:10:59 PM
Pitty i missed out on your mishaps Greg, Would of been a laugh :)

Cheers
Rob

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 30, 2008, 07:03:14 AM
The 2nd one was classic with the smile on Carl's face when he asked who owned the Shimano bags  ;D, he won that round  :P [I reckon he aimed the bird] :-\.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Dan

May 31, 2008, 06:29:58 PM
The 2nd one was classic with the smile on Carl's face when he asked who owned the Shimano bags  ;D, he won that round  :P [I reckon he aimed the bird] :-\.

Aimed the bird, then squeezed.....real hard.  I have no doubt that Cam would've eaten those sardines as well...  ::) :-X :o