Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ask ? - Williamson Poppers Any Reviews ?
March 09, 2011, 08:38:00 AM
I suppose GTs will eat anything that you throw in front of them when they're feeding so the lures will work. The issue is more one of whether the lure is better off with a traditional cup or the holes. That question, I can't answer!!   ;D

The holes on poppers are borrowed from marlin lures , not sure if it works or not on poppers .

Jon .
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 09, 2011, 01:36:48 PM
instructional video  :)

Williamson Jet Poppers

There's a bit of good cartwheeling action going on there
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 09, 2011, 01:48:04 PM
Indeed Kasey. That made me feel much better about myself  :-X

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 09, 2011, 04:18:00 PM

Jesus, you'd have to be in a bad way to be taking instructions from Mark Berg on how to use a popper  ::)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - that's GOLD !!!

8)

instructional video  :)

Williamson Jet Poppers

Scott Anderson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 15, 2011, 12:03:44 PM
Ive been playing around with some poppers with holes in the face also (I know its not new). BUT Ive been cupping the face like the norm than two holes through at the bottom of the cup (one at 4 o'clock and the other at 8 o'clock) These have a small hole at the rear (2mm)  and a larger hole at the front (10mm) Theory being the holes will grab some water and hold in, than drain the water for casting. Im fishing land based so dealing with waves and wash a lot. popper blowing out and skipping is a real problem when fishing the rocks.

Scott

Angus Hulme

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 15, 2011, 12:52:06 PM
G'day Scott,

So the Nutter is looking to get some GT/kingy poppers on the production line as well as sticks? Cool! Look forward to seeing some pics mate.

Regarding your holy popper.....do the holes in the cup face help to stabilize the lure in rough water/wash/waves or something? See, a lot of our GT fishing occurs land based also, and because we are often up higher than when in a boat, we also have oocasional dramas with lures tumbling etc. This happens with factory made lures as well as my home made ones, and as you would no doubt be aware, even the best timing of the bloops still sometimes doesn't prevent a lure blowing out, if the angle of the line is too high off the water. Anyway, interested to hear your theories.

Cheers
Angus

Scott Anderson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 15, 2011, 05:41:00 PM
Still playing around with them. Will give some more info when Ive done some more testing.
But yes the theory is that they will be more stable and the water to hold them in a bit better. Time will tell

Scott

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 15, 2011, 06:09:05 PM
Seen them catch fish. Cheap so cannot expect through wired but there might be a way around it.