Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Starter Pack- what type and how many?
October 23, 2007, 08:32:40 AM
double hookups in a trailerboat are chaotic. At Bugatti Reef earlier this year, we a triple hookup on one day in one of the dories. It was absolute pandemonium!
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Trevor Williams

• Fusilier
  • aka The Rod Baron
  • Liked:
October 23, 2007, 10:38:07 AM
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

David Sharples

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
October 23, 2007, 06:15:35 PM
Can any body help me out and maybe suggest a list of types and numbers for a popper starter pack.

I think the best thing to do, it seems to work, is just buy everything until your money runs out. Then keep looking at things that are better than the things you've bought and get angry that you no longer have money to buy them!

I seem to have adopted your advice !!!!! Soon I'll have ALL the gear- and won't be able to afford charter.

maybe I should investigate JIGGING!!!
 ::)
 ::)

For God's sake man, just step away!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
October 23, 2007, 09:16:34 PM
Although i was told its not the best rod for an only GT rod, i have to wonder is it better to have the cannon and then fill in the rest of the collection with the little items when the funds allow or does one go the other way ??? the way i am feeling is its better to be over powered than under powered. Am i completely wrong or what. So much stress so little i know in order to deal with it. it seems reels are alot easier to choose ;D

thanking you Randalz

You don't need a Carpenter or Fisherman to go GT popping for big fish. I do agree with the saying "buy the best you can afford" when it comes to fishing tackle but the reality is that there are plenty of accesible options available to Australian anglers that are cheaper and don't leave you very far from the performance of the boutique Jap rods. There are a few exceptions but we all know that 40kg+ GTs aren't an everday occurance for 99% of anglers.