Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Drive Out 19/3
March 21, 2011, 08:39:54 AM
Glanville:- What a great start to a trip departing Mackay in a mirror like ocean and arriving to the anchorage at sunrise only to be surprised by shoals of fusiliers on the edges of the bommies 100m away from us the guys had a quick breaky and it seemed like minutes before we were on the water and didn't take us long to set the hooks into a solid 30kg Gt I had to be back at the mother ship at 10:30 to meet the floatplane and in the hour and a half we were fishing my 1 guest Andre managed to boat 5 GTs, I think he was quite relieved to be returning for a rest. After a quick lunch and a little tackle rigging for the new anglers we were back into it for the afternoon we managed to see heaps of fish which constantly kept the guys entertained but a little unlucky not to boat more fish, we ended the day on 7 Gts and a variety of other species.

Peter:- The guys on the boat, woke up this morning to a milk pond. It was such a pleasure to be out there today the wind was light and the fish were heavy, fierce and in numbers. We saw heaps of GTs today it seemed like we could not get away from them even when we decided to switch to light tackle the GTs were all over the lures. All in all a great day out on the water and I can't wait to se what tomorrow brings our way.

Chriso:- waking up this morning seeing the ocean as flat as it was, was the best feeling in the world seriously no other place I'd rather be than in the coral sea fishing for GTs. Well I'll make this fairly short otherwise I'll be writing a novel. First hour 6 in the boat and at least 10 lost. We ended up with 17 for the day and a few other bits and pieces (barracuda 30kg plus, goldspot trevally and rainbow runners) we had 7 double hookups and managed to get two of those to the boat. Today was insane. Definitely a good start to the year. Bring it on....

Alex- Today was an absolute peach. Glass calm conditions and fish that wanted to eat. I have no idea just how many fish we saw today, consistently seeing fish all day with patches of mayhem where every cast for 10min had a fish hit. The fish here are some of the dirtiest fighting gts I have come across, we ended up losing 12 lures today. I cant really describe the whole day as it would take up way too much space so I will just throw in a few highlights. Rich, who had never caught a fish before, opened his account with a sky rocketing Spanish mackerel of about 12kg that had his lime green goby sideways in its mouth then landed and started peeling off line. One other highlight was in this tiny blue hole, my guys were admiring the scenery and I threw out a cast to have a pack attack in half a metre of water, after getting that fish out we had a 35kg GT hit a stickshad 2 meters from the boat and had its mouth open so wide that we could see down to its crushers, amazing stuff, heaps of fish lost but a good day. Morale is high, bring on tomorrow!