Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Drive Out 23/3
March 24, 2011, 10:36:30 AM
Damon:- I'm on Odyssey this week training our new skipper, and thought it worth pointing out that in this, Nomad Sportfishing's 10th year of operation, we are this week fishing a new area of reef that we have never fished before, and the fish are biting their heads off!! The fishing action here is incredibly good, just like everywhere else we visit, and it is great to see such healthy populations of big fish. I don't think there are many places in the world that could have been operating for 10 years in the same state and still be fishing new areas after this time. Just shows how lucky we are, and makes myself and the other guides really appreciate what we have.
I ducked out for 2 hrs fishing today, and the GTs, goldspot trevally, bludgers and mackerel were just everywhere, and this was fishing an area just near the mothership that other boats have fished consistently for the last 2 days!!

Glanville:- the gt fishing in this place is just insane, in fact all the fishing, we started off this morning with a bang and we would have seen at least 40 fish between 8 and 12 we had packs and packs of Gts coming up on every spot we stopped at, on the change of the tide the guys decided to chill out and go for a snorkel but that didn't last long as there were bludgers, goldspots and mackerel busting up every where. Battered and bruised the guys decided to end the day off a little earlier and we headed back to the boat for an afternoon dive which was a great way to end the day off, and all of this on a flat calm ocean....can't wait to get stuck into a few good fish tomorrow and I already cant wait to come to this place again it is AWESOME.

Chris:- well another great day on the water. We boated 14 GTs for the day all around the 15 to 25kg mark. Had some horses come in for a sniff but none of them had a go. We decided to break the day up with swimming and some light tackle fishing on the flats had great fun. Lots of shark mackerel and had some massive Maori wrasse have a sniff at the lures. I'm sure tomorrow will be just as good as today was.

Peter: What a cracker of a day, great weather and great fishing. We were out for a short time today because the energy of the guys in the boat some what dropped after a few great fish were hauled into the boat. We boated 10 GTs today all of good size and unfortunately the big fish got away again, tomorrow will be a different story I hope

Jim Isherwood

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Drive Out 23/3
March 24, 2011, 12:27:56 PM
Great stuff guys , cant wait to get back next year !!!