Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Lagoon Explorer 4 Apr 2011
April 05, 2011, 09:06:54 AM
Chris: - waking up this morning to testing conditions. It tested me and my guests. But we worked through the day pulling one here and there. Most of which were around the 15 - 25kg mark. We boated 4 for the day and we probably came tight to about 5 and saw 10 so we were seeing them constantly through the day. After the incoming on the slack tide we decided to drop some soft plastics down although didn't last long as the wind and waves kept pushing me off the mark. We then moved into the shallows and played around with the light tackle on some nice sized bludger and gold spot travelley. We finished the day working a few ledges and bay which payed off. Tomorrows another day so hopefully the weather is with us.....

Alex- holy wind, Mother Nature had some serious gas problems today and created some howling conditions. It was a welcome change to be in the contender not my super dory in the windy conditions, but even the mighty contender got pushed around a bit! We saw a few fish early on but no bingo.
Then I went into a few go-to blue holes but the wind against tide had turned them into a big cappuccino, froth everywhere so the fish had no chance of seeing a lure. We hit a few ledges after that and saw a fair few fish but we could not keep the hooks in them. Highlight of the day was in a shallow bay where Dave's orion bigfoot got stomped by a nice 27kg fish,and big dave really does know how to put the hurt on them. With his Ripple Fisher 79H he had it next to the boat within a minute or so. It was great to watch. We had a good patch for a hour or so with a diamond islets sized red bass come out and another 3gts, with a couple of bust offs thrown in as well.
Not ideal conditions but at least we saw some fish.