Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Lagoon Explorer 5 Apr 2011
April 06, 2011, 08:01:24 AM
Chris:- well today the wind still hadn't eased if anything I think today was the worst day out of the lot. We persisted through the day the guys pretty much just wanted to hunt the GTs. We boated 5 or so nice sized GTs around the 20 - 25kg mark one of which we pulled out of a shallow blue hole with scatted bommies which was quite interesting but with a great angler and some boat driving pulled a nice 22kg model out of 3 metres of water. Most of our fish were seen on edges and eddies on the reef. On the slack tides we chased schools of bludger, gold spot and tuna which filled in the day and made for quite a great day on the water despite the weather. I realy hope tomorrow the weather eases.

Alex:- Even still, holy wind! The wind was howling like a wolf as we motored away from the mothership today. We started off trolling most of the morning with heaps of sharkies and gold spots coming to the boat. We hit a few bludgers on the way back to the boat for lunch. In the afternoon we went for a bit of a drive to some new country but still no luck, I think the main reason was that conditions were almost unfishable with good looking water but it was a struggle to even stand up. We managed one nice fish of about 25 and saw a few more.