Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Lagoon Explorer 13 May 2011
May 14, 2011, 09:01:32 AM
Glanville:- Well yet another great day in the office, just wish someone would turn off the freezer, other than the cold the weather was spot on again 5-15kn breeze and a couple of GTs to go with that and there isn't too much to complain about we managed to boat 12 fish today and would have missed something like a thousand.... I lost count, they still seem to be hitting the lures half heartedly once again there was no shortage of mackerel and we were entertained all day it seemed as though you needed to be on the edge of your seat on every cast, another great day of weather forecast for tomorrow and a move to a new anchorage should provide lots of entertainment for everyone....

Peter:  We all woke up this morning to reasonably calm conditions again. The day was steady today catching the one 2 and 3 GTs here and there. Plenty of other species were caught today from Bludger and gold spot trevally, sharky and Spanish mackerel to the odd tuna here and there. But it wasn't until this afternoon that the beast I've been waiting for finally appeared out from who knows where. We all knew that this GT that was hooked was a fish of substantial size. After a long and painful battle between angler and fish we finally boated 36kg of GT muscle with the other highlight being my biggest alligator gar. What a fish and what a day!!!

Alex: Promising conditions today and the fish were playing the game. We started off well with fish showing themselves at every spot we went to but not really committing. We boated a few fish here and there and missed quite a few more. There were patches of glory where every cast for 5-10 minutes had fish coming up but pulling hooks, missing lures and generally being jerks. We managed to break that little voodoo with a nice double hookup and followed it up with another one fairly quickly. The rest of the day was much the same fish here fish there with the odd patch of fury with the odd mackerel thrown into the mix just to make things interesting.

Clinton: With a cool wind blowing into our faces we headed south west from the anchorage. The reef I wanted to fish had never been fished by our boys so this was an exciting prospect but I was nervous at the same time hoping it would pay off. Upon arrival the current was hitting the ledge perfectly and low and behold first cast we got a GT. From there it did not stop, unbelievable action, GTs porpoising out of the water to hit poppers and several double and triple hook-ups. The gamble paid off a day to remember - 25fish. Stoked!