Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Lagoon Explorer 14 May 2011
May 16, 2011, 12:18:29 PM
Glanville: Today started off fairly well for us and seemed to stay consistent all day. One of my guests today was fishing a minnow behind the boat whilst the other guys were casting at the edge and it seemed to be a winner he caught heaps of fish everything from shark mackerel, longtail tuna, Spaniards, gold spots, and even what to me was the fish of the day, a Barracuda which would have been at least 35kg possibly larger and it ate his minnow off the surface in a epic display. The Gt fishing wasn't all that bad either the fish did seem to be eating funny and we only boated 10 but we had triple the amount of takes but that's how it goes sometimes, in all it was a great day with a lot of variety.

Peter: Conditions were better than we expected today, which started the
day off well. Today we were on the hunt for some GT action. The GT fishing today seemed somewhat slower than usual so we really had to work to see results. We ended up boating 8 GTs all around the 15kg-22kg mark and missed more than our fair share of some other really good fish. When the GTs really came off the chew we decided to do some light tackle fishing for about an hour and managed to get onto some really good fish which kept us entertained for the time being. All in all a pleasant day to be out on the water.

Alex: We woke up to clear skies and cool conditions that had me reminiscing about chasing sooties on the tablelands, walking up the Barron river chasing sooties was always a winner in early winter. The GT fishing was a bit slow today, we saw some but they were being finicky and only having the one swipe at the lure then going away. But conditions were great and we saw some cool things, one of which was a pack of 4 of the biggest manta rays I have ever seen, one was wider than the dory by at least half a metre each side, we watched ole Raymond for a while then he did a nice cartwheel for us before going on his merry way, friends in tow. Even though the GTs were proving to be troublesome we got some good fish and a nice flurry of tuna action late in the day.

Clint: Headed North east from the anchorage in the morning to fish some isolated bombies on the run out tide. The fish were there chasing the poppers but due to lack conviction we only got two fish for the morning. I travelled further north and found some wicked current the fish seemed at bit more hungry now after long fights pulled a lot of hooks from some big strong fish. The three we did get were very nice though a 24kg and two 26kg to catch them in real skinny water with lots of current sure was a buzz and a battle. Always a great day to be on the water with great people who realize some days fish just don't want to play the game.