Kurt Wilson

Yamaga Atlas Vs Hots Gipang
June 18, 2011, 03:22:18 PM
Hey Guys
Trying to decide between these 2 rods to match to a saltiga 6000 fishing PE8. Ive heard alot of good things about the Yamaga and would probably be leaning towards that if not for all the good things I've been hearing about the fuji K guides (which the Hots has)
Do the K guides make that much difference?
Any recommendations on which rod?
Thanks in advance.

Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Yamaga Atlas Vs Hots Gipang
June 18, 2011, 07:50:06 PM
Kurt my vote would go to Yamaga from what ive heard they make blanks for Ripple Fisher the 7ft6 PE8 Yamaga would be the way to go very nice rod as for the guides i think the normal guides do the job also when it comes to rods made by Hots i think they tend to over state there PE rating IMO PE8 rod felt more like PE6 to me :) 

Kurt Wilson

June 19, 2011, 07:01:21 PM
Cheers for the info mate. So I shouldn't really worry about k guides??
I forgot to mention I'll probably be fishing more stickbaits than poppers, are the new yamaga rods worth waiting for?

Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 19, 2011, 07:48:47 PM
Kurt I'm sure the K guides are great but i wouldn't worry to much about them the normal MNSG Fuji guides do the job great ,I don't no much about the new Yamaga rods that are coming out  but I'm sure they will be good i have a couple of Ripple Fisher rods Kurt and have had a chance to play with a Yamaga 76/8 and would have to say are just as good as a Ripple Fisher rod with out all the bling options and also they don't have as many rods to choose from other then that build and blank quality is just as good if i was going to buy another rod and Yamaga had the rod with  specs i was looking for i would not think twice

Christoffer Hansen

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 20, 2011, 09:12:41 AM
The new yamaga blue reefs are available from saltywater tackle and the 7'10 versions are meant to have a softer tip for stickbaits.
       Chris

Kurt Wilson

June 22, 2011, 06:23:14 PM
Cheers for all the info guys, looks like ill be going a yamaga.