Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Drive Out Trip 14 June 2011
June 20, 2011, 08:52:40 AM
Glanville:- Today was possibly one of the best days of fishing I have had all year....the stars aligned for us and everything we did was spot on, it was more a case of what didn't we catch, our morning started off with a little carnage on bludger trevallies on the shallows followed by a little red throat/trout session on the plastics as the tide changed followed then by an absolute butchery of longtail tuna, it was actually unfair it was cast for cast, and when we did finally start Gt fishing it was game on for young and old we saw some beasts today one would have gone at least 50kg, and when we had the second change of the tide in the afternoon we had the best little light tackle session with big goldspots and mackerel, followed by another crippling GT session and possibly the best part of the day was the steam home on the glass calm ocean with a traditional style coral sea sunset....doesn't get much better than that!!!!!!!

Clint:Today I had a keen fly fisherman wanting to get a Gt on fly,  I was up for the challenge.The other two guests were up for some light tackle and Gt fishing. I found a really nice ledge for fly fishing and we managed to get two GTs to follow the fly but not take it this was promising though. At the end of the ledge it was game time and our fly dude Andy hooked an absolute monster this thing peeled line off the reel he could not stop this thing it ran around the corner only to pop his leader. The other two guests had plenty of fun on the light stuff with red throat and coral trout and we manged to get some gold spot on fly. It was a fun day with a mixed bag