Sam Owen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CAR MATE ROD TUBES
August 10, 2011, 11:48:01 AM
Not sure about the Nature Boys but I'm pretty sure there are people who've fit 7-8 in the Carmate. I lack the patience to try and fit that many in and usually stop at about 5.
[/quote]

A friend and I took one carmate for the both of us to Fiji in march 4 x PE8/10 popping rods, 2 x jigging rods and 2 x PE3. Takes abit of patience but not a problem and survived the baggage handlers no dramas  :D

jonathan_tan

August 10, 2011, 04:58:54 PM
Did about 8 spinning jig rods and 5 baitcast rods.
Do away with the rod covers and the sponge and it will be easier. All the rod butts should not be at one end of the tube. Place a couple at both ends. All the rod tips will roughly be in the mid-section. Takes a while to arrange, but its all worthwhile. Bubble wrap the mid-section and its good to go. Could squeeze in more if the bubble wrap was excluded.
Your team mates should not be too fussy with the condition of the rods. There will definitly be very minute scratches on the rod after transportation.

Jarrad Heritage

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 10, 2011, 06:00:12 PM
Here's a comparison from 360Tuna about the Carmate and the Nature Boys rod tubes.

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f76/nature-boys-vs-car-mate-rod-case-7999/

jim saulge

August 13, 2011, 06:35:52 AM
Thanks for the replies. It has given some confidence in trying it seeing that none of you guys have had a problem with the carmate.

Thanks again jim

Wan Izhan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 19, 2011, 01:27:14 AM
probably a late response, but i can install 7 popping rods with separating 3-4 butts at both ends in Nature Boys and i confidently can stand on it.
my big issues is weight i.e. Car Mate : 6.5 oz while Nature Boys: 11 1/4 oz....is DOUBLE!!!!