Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bare Rock
January 08, 2008, 07:19:41 PM
The following photo is a picture taken from Bare rock in the Dampier Archipelago, north-west australia. The water around it varies between shallow bommie country to around 30m in spots depending on the stage of the tide. I've fished it a couple of times in the deeper water for demersal species but never within range to cast for GT's. Do you think it would be likely GT holding water?? Where should I be casting, as close to the structure as possible? I've read that GT's like current, we get tides up to 5m of movement on the springs.. is this the time when I should be looking at targeting them?

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bare Rock
January 08, 2008, 09:26:30 PM
Hi Jay ,

During spring tide , cast as close to the rock as possibly can at the calm water behind the rock , the GTs will be there waiting to ambush anything that has been swept by the strong current and trying to return to the protected areas of the rocks . In such situation , use my technique of " NO LINE OUT " from the spool in order to defeat the GT or otherwise you will lose your lure after being " reefed " by the GT .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .