Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Jewell Reef Ultimate Adventure 2 Nov 2011
November 04, 2011, 06:05:30 PM

Damon:- 100 fish released in a day!!!!!!..... It does not get much better than today, with 106 fish released for the day. Light winds, fishing in picturesque waters in a shallow, calm coral lagoon, and the fish were biting HARD. We released over 29 species of fish, including several I've never seen before. A Maori sea perch of about 6kg, a coral trout of about 15kg, and a maori wrasse of 12kg on the light 40lb spin gear in 3m of water were serious highlights. A 20kg GT in the shallows was also pretty cool. The other amazing part of this was that we fished only shallow water all day, and the 4 guys onboard reckon it was the best day's fishing they've ever had. Without exaggerating, nearly every cast was followed by a fish, and we lost only 18 lures between 4 guys, which was a damned good effort. A spectacular way to finish a great week of fishing with a great bunch of guys.

John: Today we started off fishing the outside corner of Jewell in less than ideal conditions but still managed to find a few GTs and Red Bass, when we were thinking about heading to a new part of the reef a Mobile bombie reared its head and demolished all 4 poppers while hundreds of GTs followed!! This is the first time I have experienced the mobile bombie of GTs and believe me it is way more exciting than what I expected, a quadruple hook up of fish going left right and centre made for some entertaining moments onboard tight stick. The day continued with us finding yet another mobile bombie and picking up another couple of fish with one going 35kg. As we continued on with the day it was constant action with a cracking 15kg Trout that we ripped out of the jaws of a rather large oceanic whaler, all of a sudden it was time to high tail it back to the mother ship for a cold beverage with 4 very satisfied customers, a great day on the water that ticked all the boxes !!!!