Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Carpenter DVD
March 31, 2007, 12:44:06 PM
Watched a Carpenter DVD that has their different rods and lures in action. Its filmed by a harbour and they put poppers and stick baits to work so you can see how they are different. Interesting viewing and a few tips for me for next time when I'm out poppering.  They also have the rod models listed at times. I have no idea what he was saying(all in Japanese) or read some of the things but you can get the general drift of it all. Gotta say, watching one of the gamma stickbait type lures in action - they look fab. Now, if only they weren't all sold out all the time!

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Carpenter DVD
June 21, 2007, 11:46:47 AM
How did you get to watch this DVD ,is it 4 sale?
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 21, 2007, 12:05:57 PM
Andrew - I know of noone who can work a Carpenter stickbait the way Konishi seems to be able to do it. He can get it dart amazingly and it is no wonder he catches so many fish. That said, the rest of us seem to bounce it all over the place and it break the surface half the time so it looks like a pencil popper. Whe Konishi uses it, it is because the lure looks so lifelike. When I catch fish with it, I reckon it is because the GT reckons the lure deserves to be put out of its misery.

I have found that it works bst for me when I whack two huge trebles onto it. When i do this, the only difference between my stickbait and a minnow is that a minnow has a bib on it!! ;)

Cam - the DVD is difficult to get. If you were in Sydney, I'd loan you one.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Ben Keller

June 21, 2007, 01:08:14 PM
I can loan you a copy Cam, got it the other day, its really boring  ::) but informative. No big fish action. Although, the entire time I watched it I was waiting for the mother of all stingrays launch itself onto the stickbait

;D

PM me your details

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
June 21, 2007, 01:15:01 PM
I was watching for a seagull to happen to fly past at the wrong time  :D

Ben Keller

June 21, 2007, 01:18:12 PM
I love his arsenal of rods  8)

That man has a serious tackle addiction :D

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
June 21, 2007, 02:18:05 PM
Andrew - I know of noone who can work a Carpenter stickbait the way Konishi seems to be able to do it. He can get it dart amazingly and it is no wonder he catches so many fish. That said, the rest of us seem to bounce it all over the place and it break the surface half the time so it looks like a pencil popper. Whe Konishi uses it, it is because the lure looks so lifelike. When I catch fish with it, I reckon it is because the GT reckons the lure deserves to be put out of its misery.

I have found that it works bst for me when I whack two huge trebles onto it. When i do this, the only difference between my stickbait and a minnow is that a minnow has a bib on it!! ;)

We will have to compare notes Brandon - it's all in tension, rod position and rod follow through, we'll put it to the test!

lonhro

June 21, 2007, 09:47:49 PM
where in Oz can you get this dvd from. i really want to see how these lures are supposed to be worked ??
cheers
randy

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 21, 2007, 09:48:23 PM
Luke - to a GT fisho of my very limited ability, it is simply the most expensive pencil popper in the market!!

We will have to compare notes Brandon - it's all in tension, rod position and rod follow through, we'll put it to the test!
If it swims; I want to catch it!