Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Product testing report
February 28, 2012, 09:06:11 PM
Sure Brandon.. point well and truly understood. I used the wrong words there in the original post.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 29, 2012, 06:43:46 AM
Wan, I am not sure of the weights and you can only place so much credence on the weight of a prototype. That said, Carpenter or any of the other GT rod manufacturers could make a 250 GT rod BUT the simple reality is the lighter the rod, the less strong it is and the more prone to breakage it is. There are a number of rods that are pushing the 350g barrier these days but its a compromise. The more a manufacturer pushes the barrow on weight, the greater the risk of a breakage.

Personally, I'd prefer the surety that 40-50g more provides.

- EP 86/40R-P1
- TBL 80/40
- TBL 83/32

Hopefully Kenji can made the sub390g for these rods.....

cheers
Izhan
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Antonino Augugliaro

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 29, 2012, 06:51:58 PM
Nice news! rods I was waiting for!!!  :)
I hope these models will be available soon... Expecilly TBL80/40 and 45-46 lbs model...

Christoffer Hansen

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 11, 2012, 02:20:20 PM
Hi tak,

Any more news on release of the tbl80/40? Also will carpenter be extending the monster hunter range to include a pe10-12 rod sometime in the near future?
Cheers chris

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 11, 2012, 03:12:20 PM
Hi Chris,

As far as I know, TBL80/40 won't be delivered this year.

We have some prototype of heavier Monster Hunter and some people had a look one of them on our Casting day in Brisbane last year. They are still prototype as of today.

Cheers,
Tak

Wan Izhan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 15, 2012, 01:25:33 AM
Hi Chris,

We have some prototype of heavier Monster Hunter and some people had a look one of them on our Casting day in Brisbane last year. They are still prototype as of today.

Cheers,
Tak

I have been told by Malaysia Carpenter agent that he has received ordering form for TBL80/40. But not sure about the delivery date. Hopefully can get it before my Hallinayat...TBL80/40 already the Capenter catalogue.

Cheers
Izhan

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 16, 2012, 12:22:58 AM
They won't be delivered this year.

Hi Chris,

Cheers,
Tak

I have been told by Malaysia Carpenter agent that he has received ordering form for TBL80/40. But not sure about the delivery date. Hopefully can get it before my Hallinayat...TBL80/40 already the Capenter catalogue.

Cheers
Izhan

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 06, 2012, 10:41:36 AM
We have now decided to move heavier Monster Hunter to production and I'll post some preview shortly ;)

Also will carpenter be extending the monster hunter range to include a pe10-12 rod sometime in the near future?

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 06, 2012, 03:52:17 PM
Can I have one, Tak?
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop