Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Product testing report
February 28, 2012, 09:29:37 AM
Hi all,

Brandon has kindly written report from our recent product testing trip to New Caledonia.

http://www.carpenterlures.com.au/report/20120114-test.aspx

We can release only limited information before we complete testing for each model but hope you can get some idea for what may be available in the future.

Cheers,
Tak

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Product testing report
February 28, 2012, 10:14:06 AM
TBL 80/40.... exactly what I've been waiting for from Carpenter! 8)

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 11:28:04 AM
TBL 80/40 has been tested for some time now with a few different prototypes and we actually had one of them on our Brisbane casting day in last October.

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 11:42:13 AM
Any idea when this rod will be available?

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 11:54:41 AM
It is still prototype. It still need to go through testing for Kenji San to decide whether he will bring it to the market.

Cheers,
Tak

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 11:58:13 AM
"LIKE"

Thanks for the write-up Brandon, very looking forward to the new TBL80/40.

I know you can't say anything on the 43, but can you tell us if you prferred it with poppers or stickbaits?? :)
Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:09:30 PM by Andy Rowe
Set the ray to GeeT

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 12:06:45 PM
Brilliant write up Brandon and thank you so much for sharing at this early stage.

Brandon and Tak, how does the TBL 80/40 differ from MH80H?  I am sure it must have a softer tip but how much softer please?

MH80H was I understand primarily designed to work Gamma 200s.

New SeaFrogs  are very eagerly awaited by me and I am sure others who still fish a lot with chuggers (i.e. the non-Japanese!).

Wan Izhan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 01:11:33 PM
- EP 86/40R-P1
- TBL 80/40
- TBL 83/32

Hopefully Kenji can made the sub390g for these rods.....

cheers
Izhan

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 02:19:49 PM

New SeaFrogs  are very eagerly awaited by me and I am sure others who still fish a lot with chuggers (i.e. the non-Japanese!).

It's a bit like that, starting to get to the point where I feel a bit 'old skool' using chuggers  :-\

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 02:34:00 PM
Indeed Jay :) . And even more old school when zipping along pencils. I have fished with a quite a few guys who don't even own a pencil!

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 02:38:15 PM
Indeed Jay :) . And even more old school when zipping along pencils. I have fished with a quite a few guys who don't even own a pencil!

LPB swears by them, and Rudy can work a long pen like a demon... deadly effective  :)

Can't wait to try my Kattobi's.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 02:47:38 PM
This is going off topic a bit (my fault!), but I personally love fishing with pencils.

Kattobi is really nice Jay - being heavily back weighted, it casts an absolute mile, and skips along the surface very authentically.  Just be a little bit careful as it sinks fast, so get your retrieve going quickly - thanks to Brandon for that tip.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 02:54:08 PM
Like chalk and cheese, Mark.

If the MH80H was designed primarily for the 200 Gamma, Kenji San would have had to go back to the drawing board! The rod has a significantly stiffer tip than what would be ideal for a 200 Gamma. The prototype TBL 80/40 has a significantly softer tip.

The new SFs in the larger sizes are still some time away. Just need to be patient till we get it to a standard that will satisfy Kenji San - that is hard work!

Brilliant write up Brandon and thank you so much for sharing at this early stage.

Brandon and Tak, how does the TBL 80/40 differ from MH80H?  I am sure it must have a softer tip but how much softer please?

MH80H was I understand primarily designed to work Gamma 200s.

If it swims; I want to catch it!

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 03:01:45 PM
Thanks Brandon.

I guess "primarily" was the wrong word there.. whoops  :-[.  I know that you and others have put MH80H forward as a rod that handles Gamma 200s nicely enough, and it is currently the only rod I use that lure with (it's too heavy for EP 82/38 for example).
Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:04:38 PM by Mark Harris

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 28, 2012, 06:55:12 PM
Mark, at the end of the day, it is matter of what is ideal versus what is useable.
I can work a Gamma 200 decently with a SP78UHL but in that instance, the rod doesn't help much!

Thanks Brandon.

I guess "primarily" was the wrong word there.. whoops  :-[.  I know that you and others have put MH80H forward as a rod that handles Gamma 200s nicely enough, and it is currently the only rod I use that lure with (it's too heavy for EP 82/38 for example).
If it swims; I want to catch it!