Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Jig Bag - Suggestions Wanted
June 14, 2012, 01:39:07 PM
Guys,

I am in the market for a new jig bag. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks,

Chris

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: New Jig Bag - Suggestions Wanted
June 14, 2012, 03:06:13 PM
Depends a lot on the size of jigs you want to keep in it.  In my experience that is the single biggest factor and large jigs are often a problem.

Christoffer Hansen

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 14, 2012, 05:45:26 PM
Shout system jig bag. Has removable inserts in 3 sizes. It's the balls, I jus ordered one myself.
Chris

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 14, 2012, 09:11:44 PM
Shout system jig bag. Has removable inserts in 3 sizes. It's the balls, I jus ordered one myself.
Chris

Hey Chris,

I was looking at the Shout bag you are correct it is awesome. Where did you order yours from?

Thanks, Chris

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 14, 2012, 10:31:23 PM
I broke a Shout System Jig bag :(  One seam unravelled after about 3 months of use making the whole bag fairly useless.

Have a look at the HPA bags Chris.  Like their popper bags, I really rate these.  Their flat jig bag (http://www.hpaus.com/HPAUS.com/Products/Pages/HPA_Flat_Jig_Store.html) is good value and holds jigs up to about 35 cms long.  Not sure if any forum sponsors carry these but a Google search will find them.

If you are only looking for small jig storage, then the Shimano bags are widely available and well made.
Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:46:46 PM by Mark Harris

Jamie Moir

June 16, 2012, 11:24:52 PM
Another vote for the HPA Jig King, got one myself and the seperate jig bags make it easy to pick and choose for trips.

Jeffry Chai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 17, 2012, 12:17:15 AM
I used jig roll bag made by GEECRACK

Cheers,
Jeff

Eric Tai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 17, 2012, 06:33:57 PM
I've owned a Shout System Bag for 18-24 months and thought I'd share some observations.

Average quality control: Note the "Shout" logo printed on the front pocket. It isn't aligned properly on the pocket flap, and it is too close to the seam.

Poor quality of materials:
I don't get out jigging that often. Perhaps once every few months. Already, cracks have developed in the vinyl.

I don't mind paying for quality. But I must admit, I am disappointed with the quality of materials considering the $$$ this jig bag costs. The HPA is probably the next one I'll try when this current bag completely falls to bits, but I wish they made it in a more attractive colour!
Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:31:32 PM by Eric Tai

Jamie Moir

June 17, 2012, 06:57:31 PM
Eric, the grey is pretty neutral, you will find it doesn't clash with too many outfits :P

I have one here in Perth if you want to check it out sometime.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 17, 2012, 07:09:09 PM
That's good review work Eric. I am also a bit relieved that I am not the only one who had a bad experience with expensive Shout bags.