Daniel Wong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Caledonia & Vanuatu Advice
October 03, 2012, 09:03:33 PM
Hey all,

I'm planning a trip to either New Cal or Vanuatu in April/May next year and am looking for some advice...

I'll be going with the GF, so it won't be totally fishing holiday, but fishing IS part of it. Really appreciate any advice you fellows can offer - thanks a million!

I'm in contact with ocean blue at present, but am concerned that taking the mrs to an anglers lodge (despite how awesome it looks!), might be an iffy decision. She likes the spa's, massages and cocktails with umbrellas... As they all do!

So, as an alternative, I was thinking of staying at a nice resort, of the above variety, nearby, and commuting across to the OB lodge for a three days fishing. 

Any suggestions on this 'plan' would be greatly appreciated!

Dan

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: New Caledonia & Vanuatu Advice
October 04, 2012, 12:35:45 PM
Go on a fishing trip then meet the Mrs afterwards (i.e. you go first and she can follow).

Don't lie Dan, it's you that likes the spa's, massages and cocktails with umbrellas.

CW

Wayne Brown

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 04, 2012, 02:05:12 PM
Dan, why not wait till I get back from my trip with Ocean Blue in November, or ditch the Mrs and come with me!

Aneil Kamath

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
January 05, 2013, 07:13:23 PM
Three words for you brother!

Leave. Her. Behind. 

Titahi brown

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 06, 2013, 01:17:10 AM
Another alternative is to stay out at havanna harbour and fish with Russ Housby ......http://sportfishvanuatu.com.vu/accomodation
Russ runs a charter business and Cuddles owns the accom, which is in an amazing location, well set up and priced.

Dan Konig

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
January 06, 2013, 12:54:16 PM
I was in a similar dilemma. Ended up booking a week with ocean blue in Vanuatu and then she is going to come meet us when the trip is finished to spend an extra week at a resort somewhere (with a few more cheeky fishing days slotted into that week!)

Andrew Wilson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 06, 2013, 04:08:04 PM
I fished havanah habour last year very slow fishing. Ob operate out of there but travel a long distance to find good fish. I'd be looking at new cal.

Daniel Wong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 08, 2013, 08:17:56 PM
Thanks guys,

I ended up booking a couple days with ocean blue. Fingers crossed we end up caning some doggies and gt! Thanks again for the suggestions!