Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NZ Jigging Comp
October 16, 2012, 06:29:41 PM
Hi all, just a heads up on the Jigging and Casting comp coming up in NZ on the 17th and 18th November, Nomad have joined up with Top Catch with a lucky Angler [draw] prize of a Nomad [Aust] Coral sea trip, which tops the $20 grand of prizes on offer.
With the dates moved from mid winter to suite weather and fishing I won't miss this one [I don't miss many anyway ;D] and with recent reports of fish on the bite things are looking good.
The comp is run out of the Tauranga GFC in the heart of the Bay of plenty, which include the White and Mayor Islands as well as many reef structures which are all open except for Astrolabe where they are clearing the remnants of the Rena ship wreck [maybe they should leave it as an artificial reef].
For any keen anglers interested there are heaps of local charter options, Ben from Nomad NZ, GT Popping.com's Mark [Ginga] with Extreme, Col from Fish'n'Dips and a few more can set you on the right path for a great time.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Titahi brown

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: NZ Jigging Comp
October 16, 2012, 09:43:40 PM
You heading back across the ditch this year Greg? Have they excluded the Ranfurly from the comp.... or will jurasic park throw up another winner?

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 17, 2012, 01:44:05 AM
I believe the Ranfurlys are outside the fishing zone, I think it is either Waihou Bay or East cape as the eastern limit, I'll try and put up a link or get some more info.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 19, 2012, 05:10:28 PM
Titahi, Boulder say's the comp is a 'One Base' out of Tauranga.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Aaron Levien

• Fusilier
  • Team Assassin
  • Liked:
November 19, 2012, 05:47:08 AM
Hey guys thought I would post this up.

http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/updated-nomad-sportfishing-jig-and-cast-tournament_topic83049.html

This is the Comp here. It is not a One Base. They had made the call as a One Base then changed their mind literally hours later. The comp has also been moved to this weekend. It does look like we may only get one nice day of fishing in at this stage.
Team Assassin

follow us at:
http://www.facebook.com/AssassinJigTeam