Michael de Min

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Andaman GT fishing with Mike
October 20, 2013, 11:40:30 PM
Andaman Islands, often seen as one of the last places on earth where tribes live uninterrupted by modern live on the shores. The romantic tales of these tribes coupled by a breathtakingly beautiful lush island rainforest and crystal clear coral waters gives you a serious buzz when popping along the shore lines of this fantastic place.

I have been fishing all my life and grew up in Oman, spending every space moment I had on the water, even skipping school when the Yellow fins were running!

Every thought I had was fish, fish fish...so I decided to take my love and experience for fishing and share it with others. I came in contact with the Andaman Islands 6 years ago, and after a few days I just knew this is where I belonged. Throwing all caution in to the wind I decided to relocate there and start up Mike's Fishing Adventures.

My aim was to provide a quality and extreme fishing experience often out of reach for a lot of people due the high costs of many charters. I wanted that everyone could experience the thrill of hooking a Andaman GT on the popper.

Going in to the 4th year now we have had great success, and have had a great mix of people for well-seasoned professionals, to complete beginners and families.

This image of BIG fish at reasonable costs became quickly known. In 2012 we film an episode with Cyril Chauquet for the Fishing Adventurer. Which aired in the UK, France and Canada on the Discovery Channel.

Based on Havelock Island, we are in the middle of many Islands, reef systems, and huge drop offs.. You can be jigging in 150 m water within 20 minutes of departure or throwing poppers over near virgin reef systems.

GT's, Dog Tooth Tuna, Sail Fish, Wahoo, Groupers, King Mackerel, Dorado, Amberjack,  Barracuda....you just never know what lurks in the deep blue waters of the Andaman.

Well that's enough words, here's a few photos!

If your keen to find out more please visit:

www.wildandamans.com

www.facebook.com/MikesFishingAdventures