Gavin Ng

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
best bang for buck gt trip?
March 18, 2015, 11:41:24 AM
Hey guys, which destination in you opinion would be the best bang for buck gt trip for someone who hasn't fished for gt before?

Preferably a good fishery that's a good chance of decent action but not too heavy on the wallet.

And how much should we budget for an average gt trip like this? $3000 aud? $5000 aud?

Cheers guys
Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:43:11 AM by Gavin Ng

Saltywater Tackle

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • SAMI, PAUL & RAYMOND
  • Liked:
Re: best bang for buck gt trip?
March 18, 2015, 12:45:51 PM
Hi Gavin,

I've been taking a lot of clients in the past 3 years to the Andaman and most of those anglers are new to GT fishing,
they loved the place and they scored decently, i would highly recommend you to consider fishing the Andaman.
the chance to hook and land big fish is always there and we proved it on every trip.

Tight lines
    Sami

Kyle Stacey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 19, 2015, 12:00:51 AM
For that money I would fish WA, go to Exmouth or even a live aboard with blue lightning at the montebellos (have to share with others as I think the boat sleeps 8). There is a great variety of fish up there. After that I would do Bali/Lombok with Adhek for a few days truely a great operator with great deckies, fishing can be slow but you can get a donkey at Batu abah (I got my PB at 53kg with adhek)

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
March 20, 2015, 10:15:30 AM
G'day Gavin,

You could also look at North Queensland. Perhaps get in touch with Saltaire and hit Jewel Reef.

Close to home, no passport needed and can do with a bunch of mates for a good price!

Luke

Lucas Nixon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 20, 2015, 04:57:25 PM
Hey Gavin,

Can throw a second recommendation onto Luke's with Saltaire. The skipper got me onto some brilliant GT's and some good doggies amongst a variety of other fast moving reefies and Pelagics. The places they took that boat amazed me backing down onto a big GT right ontop of the shallow reef. Great boat, great skipper and great place to target the giant trevally.

Happy hunting and let us know who you end up heading out with mate.

Cheers,

Lucas.

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 20, 2015, 07:05:52 PM
Yep, the closer you can fish to home the cheaper and easier it is (generally at least).

I'm pretty lucky in that regard.

Trev

John Cahill

• Fusilier
  • www.ebbtidetackle.com
  • Liked:
March 21, 2015, 01:47:33 PM
Def trips where you don't have to travel so far are an advantage!  I am more stuck with a couple major trips a year but always looking for short duration stuff less than 5 days which usually means you cannot go too far....
ebbtidetackle.com

Doug Terry

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
September 14, 2015, 06:10:47 PM
Take a look Aitutaki (cook islands) near to Australia good exchange rate The currency is the NZ$ there is cheap accommodation on the island fish for GT's with Mike Black Pearl Charters.