Damon Beattie

• Phytoplankton
  • CAPTAIN - OCEAN ACTIVE
  • Always willing to Answer questions.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ocean Active Guides Day Out In Musandam
May 05, 2015, 10:59:49 PM
On Sunday Brett,Anura and Myself went for a bit of a fish in the Musandam to have a crack at getting a big GT or 2 out as we have been having a excellent month with some monster fish being caught and lost.
I was speaking to Nick about us going for a fish on the Saturday evening and we came up with a bit of a challenge for the day if we got a GT over 40kg he would give us a Gamma and if were not to get a 40 plus kg we would have to give him one so we accepted the challenge.

We set off nice and early on Sunday to catch the early morning pushing tide at our first stop the first drift I missed out on a decent fish on the Gamma 160 Nemo so we went around for a second drift on my 4th cast with the Nemo Gamma a big swirl and tight I went with the fish running deep and fast I managed to get the fish under control and slowly work the fish up to the boat for Brett to land for me

we could see it was a big fat fish so we got it into the sling and got the weight pulling the scale to 42kgs we were all stoked as we had beaten Nicks challenge. We tried a spot or 2 more before we headed over to one of our reefs that we had been getting a couple fish on the first drift I missed out with the tobi 140 , On the next drift at the end of the drift we saw the garfish getting chased past the boat with myself Brett and anura lures on the water all of a sudden fish erupted on our lures yes please a triple up , Anura got a bit unlucky with the hooks pulling on his fish , Brett and Myself landing 2 awesome size fish, Brett a 36kg on a Ocean Active black 120gram  and Myself a 34kg on a HammerHead Tobi 140

After a few more drifts Anura went tight onto a decent fish giving him the gears fighting hard and aggressive with big head shakes , Anura showed him whos boss and landed the fish in no time for myself to land a lovely dark angry GT of 27kgs.

Later that afternoon we went to one last rock almost no current we thought we would give it a bash anyway as you never know what will happen and it happened I put the cast behind the one rock and bang I went tight on my Fisherman Jackal 160 popper the fish tried to get me into the rocks but Brett did a awesome job to get us into deeper water I slowly worked the fish up for Brett to land another big dark GT weighing 34kgs.

Big thanks to Nick for letting us go for a fish so we could have a crack at some fish. And also thanks a lot for the lure always nice to win a challenge better luck next time Big Guy ;) .

What a day with big fish 42kg, 36kg 34kg 34kg and 27kg .

Tackle Used:
Stella 20000
Stella 18000
RacePoint 200
Hot Gipang 75XXH
FCL 7,8 Extreme heavy
Hots Gipang 79XH
Carpenter Gamma Nemo 160
HammerHead Tobi 140
Ocean Active Ulua 120
Carpenter Diablo 160
Fisherman Jackal 160 popper

Thanks Capt. Damon

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Damn,

You boys are killin' it at the moment. 

Hope your skippering skills are as good as your angling skills in a couple of weeks.

If not........

Regards,

Nick Bowles

Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:01:37 AM by Trevor Skinner

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Gamefishing Asia Captain
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Trevor I think the two of us need to go check up on those boys asap.

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Cam,

I'll bring the doping kit but I'll let you take the urine samples.

Trev   

Damon Beattie

• Phytoplankton
  • CAPTAIN - OCEAN ACTIVE
  • Always willing to Answer questions.
  • Liked:
haha you 2  ;D

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Well done Flaming and the Dibba Crew! I was quietly confident I might have another Gamma for my collection but well done on a great fish and your White Gamma 160 is waiting for you at the house!

Hopefully break the 50kg mark again this weekend! Maybe double or quits????

Amr Kehila

• Foundation Moderator
  • Fusilier
  • [FORUM IT SUPPORT]
  • Liked:
Well done Flaming and the Dibba Crew! I was quietly confident I might have another Gamma for my collection but well done on a great fish and your White Gamma 160 is waiting for you at the house!

Hopefully break the 50kg mark again this weekend! Maybe double or quits????

Don't bet against this guy; you'll lose. I know from experience!

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Amr as I tell Trev, it is all a Law of Averages, he has to loose eventually?!?

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
I hope you've saved a few for the upcoming Dhow trip.......