Hamad Alroumi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Halaniyat trip , end of season !
May 09, 2015, 02:51:17 AM
Hello every one , just came back from a trip to oman
I was invited for this trip by Ali and Omar the owners of a fishing charter in oman along with My good friend Heesh the owner of KBE
The jigging action was really slow but we caught some nice species queen fish, pink snappers , groupers , golden trevaly and the highlight of the trip is me catching a mauri sea perch ! On my mytho plus

On the other hand the GT was biting but we couldn't land one for the first couple of days .. A lot of follows missed bites and got reefed once
The queen fish were really big !they get to the poppers be4 the GTs

On the last day we decided to hit the water and land A GT ... We arrived to the spot at 5:00 am the first cast I had a follow
2nd cast I landed a queenie .. 4th on a nice GT ! Finally I had the luck on my side
We kept casting till 12 and then we went back and call the day off
On that day I landed 2 GTs and got reefed twice and I lost my Gamma ( thankfully I were using  barbless hooks it floated 10mins later I found it)
I lost 5 GTs due to  the hooks not set properly ( I noticed that the ST 76 doesn't penetrate easily, I loose them after 3-4 mins of the fight)
Heesh landed another 2

It was really a nice trip thanks for everyone involved in it !
Gonna gear up for the next trip on October we are staying there for two weeks

Rods : GT stick 80"10
Ronin 83
KLL ENdless passion
Black hole
STK 72m
Swage
Mytho plus

Lures : Gamma 140, seafrog , siren , ballista , detonator , conocono, Bigfoot,crazy dog , nambas , plug tropic , shell shaping , cubera, SACL,  and many more

Tight lines !!

Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:47:57 AM by Hamad Alroumi

Chris Toops

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Halaniyat trip , end of season !
May 09, 2015, 01:30:32 PM
Excellent write up thanks for sharing.