Dan Kaggelis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tackle stores in Tokyo and Osaka
May 18, 2015, 07:55:01 PM
Heading over to Japan for a quick holiday just after some advice on which tackle stores to visit in Tokyo and Osaka

Jarrad Heritage

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Tackle stores in Tokyo and Osaka
May 18, 2015, 09:17:42 PM
Keen to see the replies also on this one for future trip

Billy Houghton

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 18, 2015, 10:20:58 PM
Haha was gunna start a thread asking the same thing. My old mans going over want to get him to grab me some stuff. Would like to know too

Amr Kehila

• Foundation Moderator
  • Fusilier
  • [FORUM IT SUPPORT]
  • Liked:
May 18, 2015, 11:34:19 PM
Abdel Ibrahim, Duncan and Yoshikazu might be able to help!

Garry Wong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 19, 2015, 12:36:33 AM
Osaka- probably one tackle shop worth of visit as the others is a bit difficult and a bit far to visit unless you have plenty of time to spare
1.Lure1ban ( dangerous for wallet) located near the osaka station about 5 min walk
They stock all sort of quality stuffs from
Popping ,jigging, lines, accessories, clothing to small lures, they have heapsssss of jigs especially the current trend one which is slow jig

Tokyo- plenty of sansui stores to visit but the one with most high end pop n jig stuffs located in shibuya
My 1 cent advise is go to shibuya from there, there are a few shops u cAn visit, and it takes time to visit each of them and browse them  troughly
1. Jumbo (moderately dangerous)- 5 mins walk from shibuya station. they have mid to low end stuff mostly, but if u after some jdm shimano, daiwa clothing/ accessories thats the place to go plenty of shirts, t shirts, cap, jacket, etc where u wont find anywhere in the other shops in japan and probably any tackleshops in the world
2- sansui shibuya ( dangerous) about 15 mins walk from shibuya station-as i mention above they have plenty of high en pop n jig stuff, but there are a few sansui shops in closed range so make sure u visit the right one( check in their website which shops stock which thing)
3- if u have plenty of time to spare , then go To proshop mogi (very dangerous!). From shibuya station u need to catch train to azamino station which takes about 30mins one way. Well this shop no need any introduction i guess.
But i have a bad experience with the rude shop keepers during my visit. They speak no english what so ever, so just come take what needed n go
Most of sansui stocks the same thing only minor different on the high end stick baits
4.tackle berry(moderately dangerous) they located right behind jumbo, they stock mostly discounted
And used stuff, but worth a visit as u mignt find something unusual there

Shinjuku- sansui shinjuku( moderately dangerous)about 10 mins walk from station
Ueno- sanaui ueno( moderately dangerous) about 10 mins walk from ueno station

I hope this help
Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:00:08 AM by Garry Wong

Amr Kehila

• Foundation Moderator
  • Fusilier
  • [FORUM IT SUPPORT]
  • Liked:
May 19, 2015, 01:44:26 AM
Osaka- probably one tackle shop worth of visit as the others is a bit difficult and a bit far to visit unless you have plenty of time to spare
1.Lure1ban ( dangerous for wallet) located near the osaka station about 5 min walk
They stock all sort of quality stuffs from
Popping ,jigging, lines, accessories, clothing to small lures, they have heapsssss of jigs especially the current trend one which is slow jig

Tokyo- plenty of sansui stores to visit but the one with most high end pop n jig stuffs located in shibuya
My 1 cent advise is go to shibuya from there, there are a few shops u cAn visit, and it takes time to visit each of them and browse them  troughly
1. Jumbo (moderately dangerous)- 5 mins walk from shibuya station. they have mid to low end stuff mostly, but if u after some jdm shimano, daiwa clothing/ accessories thats the place to go plenty of shirts, t shirts, cap, jacket, etc where u wont find anywhere in the other shops in japan and probably any tackleshops in the world
2- sansui shibuya ( dangerous) about 15 mins walk from shibuya station-as i mention above they have plenty of high en pop n jig stuff, but there are a few sansui shops in closed range so make sure u visit the right one( check in their website which shops stock which thing)
3- if u have plenty of time to spare , then go To proshop mogi (very dangerous!). From shibuya station u need to catch train to azamino station which takes about 30mins one way. Well this shop no need any introduction i guess.
But i have a bad experience with the rude shop keepers during my visit. They speak no english what so ever, so just come take what needed n go
Most of sansui stocks the same thing only minor different on the high end stick baits
4.tackle berry(moderately dangerous) they located right behind jumbo, they stock mostly discounted
And used stuff, but worth a visit as u mignt find something unusual there

Shinjuku- sansui shinjuku( moderately dangerous)about 10 mins walk from station
Ueno- sanaui ueno( moderately dangerous) about 10 mins walk from ueno station

I hope this help

Love it! Thanks Garry :)

Alex Gomez

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
May 19, 2015, 09:17:52 AM
Seems like Japan can be a dangerous place!!!!  ;D

There seem to be many second hand shops there too selling used fishing gear.  A bit like cash converters.

Good luck!!

AG

Yoshikazu Devantier

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
May 23, 2015, 09:04:51 PM
That is pretty much the line up! If you have access to a vehicle, Lure 1ban has another shop in Ikeda?? called Fishing 1Ban, with more stock for all types of fishing!! Also near Kansai International Airport! There is Head & Tail Topwater and jigging specialty shop!!

Amr Kehila

• Foundation Moderator
  • Fusilier
  • [FORUM IT SUPPORT]
  • Liked:
May 24, 2015, 10:44:28 PM
That is pretty much the line up! If you have access to a vehicle, Lure 1ban has another shop in Ikeda?? called Fishing 1Ban, with more stock for all types of fishing!! Also near Kansai International Airport! There is Head & Tail Topwater and jigging specialty shop!!

Thanks Japanese correspondent hehe!

Joey Tun

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 25, 2015, 09:35:28 PM
I agree with Garry. A couple of notes.
Proshop Mogi is closed on Mondays. I say this because it is a bit of an effort to get there from downtown Tokyo.
If you are a Carpenter or MCworks fan Proshop Mogi is a must.
If you are a Ripple Fisher fan, Sansui Shibuya is the place. Note that Sansui Shibuya has 2 shops next to each other. One for freshwater & fly. The other for Saltwater.