Daniel Hoenings

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi all,

Just would like to point out the potential of Seychelles Inner Islands (the granite ones) for GT popping that seems to be on noones screen. Living here I sort of bumped into them about a year ago now catching a few nice ones so far. Hope the pic comes up as am new here and not sure if I am getting this right.

If you want to see more just scroll through my regular fishing reports on my website www.seychelles-fishing.com or on the facebook site of seychelles-fishing.com  Average size is about 25kg. Smaller ones are rare. There are some videos with live strikes and all on my YouTube channel also. See here if you like: https://www.youtube.com/user/seydan69

BTW: Am just a private angler not doing charters or anything. But I would like to make more people aware of this fantastic place that your non fishing partner will have for sure no objections to visit. If you have any questions just get in touch.

Tight Lines from Praslin,

Daniel
Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:52:06 AM by Amr Kehila

Peter Olesen

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Thank you very much for sharing, Daniel. I would love to come to Seychelles some day!
"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter." Mark Twain

Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Do yourself a favor and delete your post. Keep it all to yourself!

Daniel Hoenings

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
My pleasure Peter. Hope to see you here one day. If you ever plan to come or just search for information just get in touch. For sure I do not know everything yet but have acquired a reasonable bit of knowledge and experience in my years spent here so far.

@Courtland: Every additional angler will help make the local authorities realise that sport angling creates more wealth for this place while being sustainable compared to the commercial fishery. This is what I wish to happen. It is already a dream here but then it will be beyond imagination.

Daniel

Amr Kehila

• Foundation Moderator
  • Fusilier
  • [FORUM IT SUPPORT]
  • Liked:
Thanks for your emails and messages Daniel; we are glad that you joined and shared!

Sam Holloway

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Hi Daniel,

I am reading up on Seychelles and noticed your post. What are the best times of the year to visit? I was planning Jan/Feb.

Also, where are you fishing in these pictures, or which islands are best for land based?

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sam

Daniel Hoenings

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Hi Sam,

I ususally fish the area of the Praslin- La Digue group as I live on Praslin. Jan/Feb is the rain season that can produce bad weather and strong winds usually only for a couple of days. The further you move your trip towards March until about mid April the better. After that the chances grow the Southeast will set in with steady wind of around 15-20 knots which is not ideal. This is all for normal years but it could be different this time because of this year`s El Nino already showing its effects.

As for which island to chose for shore fishing: many areas are just inaccessible because of the boulders that are nearly impossible to climb. Mahe is the largest island thus sporting the most reefs and flats to wade. Praslin offers a few options but even though the island is only about 10% the size of Mahe you would need transport unless your accommodation is pretty much on the spot. La Digue seems quite ideal to me as you can get everywhere by bicycle. Maybe you want to check on Google Earth a bit what looks best to you. On Mahe and Praslin you can also get guides but on La Digue there is none. In any case and which ever island you chose any kind of boat is still a massive advantage. If you work on a decision you might want to check if your accommodation can provide you with at least a canoe.

Hope that helps for a start. More info you can find on my website seychelles-fishing.com in case you have not ended up there already. If you have further questions just get in touch again.

Best regards,

Daniel