• Gamefishing Asia Captain
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
The fish of the trip definitely went to Ian and funnily enough it happened at the calmest time of the day, the sea was like a millpond and the current was almost non-existent I took us out to one of the deeper ledges an as we slowly drifted along popping away with little success I told Ian to put on a flashy stick bait and work it slowly in the deep water, five casts in and the lure was blown away in a monster hit, after some screaming and shouting about setting the hooks from the captain Ian settled into a brutal tug of war with a great Sri Lankan GT. He was fishing a light rig with a Carpenter EP 86/30 with a Daiwa 5500 loaded with PE 6 but he poured on as much pressure as he dared and we managed to land the beastie, Ian was pretty wiped after the brawl but we kept the GT in good shape with the water pump and he swam away strongly after being released

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Stonker!

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
By the end of the trip the spirit was willing but the bodies not as much Ian contented himself micro jigging and landed 10 different species in short order and Bas landed a great Spanish mackerel that launched itself into the air with his lure firmly in hits jaws. Not to be left out Ian had a few last casts and also landed a big mac on topwater.
Over all the guys did very well for a newbie group making the most of the challenging conditions and fishing hard without pause or complaint and the results speak for themselves well done to everybody involved and we hope to see you again soon!

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
 :)

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Re: Kirinda with Gamefishing Asia
November 25, 2015, 03:18:55 AM
We recently had a group of 3 guys from Israel and a single Pom join us here in Kirinda 
The guys faced a variety of weather and sea conditions on their trip ranging from totally calm flat and hot conditions to howling winds and big seas, the strong winds we had on most of the days meant jigging was made very difficult so we only managed one session on the deeper reefs where we landed yellow dot Trevally, Grouper and a few Bluefin Trevally.
We had monster fish smash the lures on almost every day of the trip including the biggest hit I have seen so far in my time in Sri Lanka but we only managed to convert two of them Hamad took the biggest fish with a beaut in 30 to 35 kilo range and Hassad with a 25 to 30 kilo fish. Lures that stood out where the Hammer Head E and G cup and the Hammer Head Shakure, The Daiwa Saltiga stickbait also produced multiple species with the Spanish Mackerel in particular taking a liking to it

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 25, 2015, 03:25:35 AM

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 25, 2015, 03:26:37 AM

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 25, 2015, 03:40:06 AM

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 25, 2015, 03:41:09 AM
 ;D

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 25, 2015, 03:47:26 AM
 ;)

Damien Rynja

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
November 25, 2015, 07:10:06 PM
I have never seen or heard of a black tip trevally before.
Great report, thanks.

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 26, 2015, 12:59:25 PM
I have never seen or heard of a black tip trevally before.
Great report, thanks.

Hi Damien we call them Black Tips in South Africa I've heard them called Yellowfin Trevally and a few other things. its a very cool species with all the same characteristics of the their big brothers the GT's  and are a blast on light tackle gear.