Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Gamefishing Asia Captain
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Andaman Islands with game fishing Asia
May 19, 2016, 01:40:04 AM
With the season in Sri Lanka winding down I was lucky enough to head out to the Andamans to Join Darran and the gang at Kokari Rest (Kokari is Hindi for Geet) to get a feel for the operation there and to Tag along with the last group for the season on the boats.

The Andaman's is not only a great place to fish but has a very interesting if slightly brutal history that contrasts with the beautiful surroundings you find yourself in. I highly recommend heading out to the Cellular Jail and a few of other Museums in Port Blair when you come to visit and reading up about the local tribes that inhabit the various islands that make up the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

Fishing wise we had a great time and I have to thank the guys for letting me join them and take up valuable shade under the T-top! The weather was to good, no wind and flat seas made for comfortable traveling but the sun beat down on us a bit midday. I think we had the calm before the storm as a few days after we left the island the Monsoon weather started to arrive in force.

For me it was great to spend my time behind the camera as Darrans guys had the boat and fishing completely under control they have been doing this for a long time and it showed in the way they handled themselves. The highlight of the trip for me was watching a school of Yellowfin tuna and a bunch of White Tip reef sharks obliterating a baitball made up of small fry. We never managed to catch any of the YFT as they where keyed into the tiny bait but we tangled with a few of the sharks which was very amusing provided you weren't the one attached to it.

I'll let the pictures talk for the rest of the fishing action needless to say we caught plenty of GT's on topwater and Doggies on Jig as well as many other species.

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
 :)

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Chillling at the lodge

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
 :'(

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
 8)

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
 8)

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
 ;D

Alex Gomez

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Looks really shit. ;0)

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Looks really shit. ;0)

Yeah its pretty rubbish even the beer is so cold it hurts to hold the bottle in your hand to long.

Felix Lux

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Nice report mate ;)

Loved fishing the Andamans and will be back for sure, couldn't ask for more...ok maybe one or two less sharkings maybe lol. Shame you weren't there the last day, could have shot some awesome footage of the action and broken rods haha!