Ian Young

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Australia, home of the world's cheapest Stellas
October 09, 2008, 01:54:29 AM
Interesting to note that with the collapse of the Aussie dollar, the world's cheapest Stella SWs are now on sale in Oz! A new SW 10000, retailing for A$999, comes in at a mere US$678..compared to US$829 retail in the US and a whopping US$1,100 retail in Japan. Get em while they're hot! (Erm, unless you are earning in Aussie dollars too).

Cheers
Ian

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I am tempted to get the SW18000XG , any help on price ?

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Ian Young

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
A$1149=U$766

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
I cant believe how quick the AU has crashed.....its put an end to me ordering from o/s for the moment as the benefit has diminished substantially to what it was like a month or two ago.

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
yeah they are cheap here but i was told they are going to push the price up very soon at the tackle shop . best thing is  better hurry and grab it ...

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Tried and was told Stella SW series were not to be released in OZ till November .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Tried and was told Stella SW series were not to be released in OZ till November .

Jon .

Hi Jon,

the Stella SW has been available since the end of September.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Luke ,

Thanks but a friend whom I asked to buy for me told me the shop has not got any stock , may be it's the polite way of saying they are holding back their stock .

Jon .

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Hi Luke ,

Thanks but a friend whom I asked to buy for me told me the shop has not got any stock , may be it's the polite way of saying they are holding back their stock .

Jon .

Hi Jon,

Probably a case of first in best dressed. Most of the first shipment of these reels were sold on backorder before they even arrived in the country!

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:

Hi Jon,

Probably a case of first in best dressed. Most of the first shipment of these reels were sold on backorder before they even arrived in the country!

Hi Luke ,

No doubt about it being the best reel it's class , well let's see the next opportunity then .

Jon .
Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 04:08:33 PM by Luke Wyrsta

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
I should also note that what you said may be true Jon. Not all models were available since that time. For example, the 18k hasn't arrived yet but the 20k has. This is probably where the confusion is  ;) My bad  :-[

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I should also note that what you said may be true Jon. Not all models were available since that time. For example, the 18k hasn't arrived yet but the 20k has. This is probably where the confusion is  ;) My bad  :-[

Hi Luke ,

No problem , it was just an impulse to get good deal as I will not be buying other than SW18000XG due to the others being too close to what I already have while SW20000PG is not applicable to me . Thanks for the info , mate .

Jon .

Janelle O'Connell

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi Luke,

You are right - many of the reels were pre-sold however the 18000 and 20000 are both available now in Australia (I am looking at them now).  They are pretty popular though and I am sure there won't be many left in the next week or so.  I guess quite a few shops didn't order in time and didn't receive stock from the first shipment.  Could be why they are saying they are not available.

Cheers,

Janelle

Rohit Saqa Lal

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
I have had a 2008 10k on order at my local since september, he has recieved the 20k but no sign of the 10k yet.....so close yet so far

Ray Stevens

Hey Guys....
Am new here, I got a phone call from my Local tackle shop today,(Ray& Anns Tackle & Marine) informing me that my New 2008 Stella 18000 has arrived.....one of only two in the Country at the moment he reckons....mind you we have been waiting 2 months for them...he got the other one.

We are both South Aussies looking to head North for some seriouse GT action....mind you the reason I went for the 18000 is because I can use it from the Beach in South Oz for big Mulloway, on a GT special Rod too...50 metres is plenty of cast distance from the beach here....and mayby some jigging for Sampson Fish off Rottnest Island in WA, as well, as Mulloway off the end of Carnarvon Jetty.
All with the same Rod/Reel combo...versatile.

Cheers

Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 09:38:56 AM by Ray Stevens