Roger Mortimore

Re: Introductions :: Who Are You?
July 28, 2012, 03:12:03 AM
Hi, I'm Roger Mortimore and I live in England. I'm a friend of Andrew Walker, another newbie on here.
I've fished several countries around the world and added many new species to my list - a GT is now at the top,
it has to be done before I get too old and knackered. (I'll be 58 by the time we get there)
Andrew and I, plus another mate, are off to Oman in October to fish the Hallaniats with Ed at No Boundaries.
I hope the fishing is as good fun as the learning and preparation has been.
Incredibly, another of our friends over here is going the same week as us but fishing with Nick from Ocean Active, I guess we'll see them out there.
Hopefully I'll be able to get some good shots and HD video footage of the action - roll on September 29th!

bertil joseph

August 03, 2012, 01:11:26 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am an avid angler based at Bangalore. India. I will soon be working at the Andaman Islands for Sea fishing India Pvt Ltd as the Operations Manager. I hope to get some Popping and Jigging done while I am there. I Love Fishing. I have been fishing from the age of 6 and there is nothing else I rather do:-)
If anyone would like to visit the Andaman Islands to Pop for some world class GT or jig for some doggies, do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers and tight lines!

Troy Marien

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
August 09, 2012, 05:32:49 PM
I'm Troy obviously. New to this sort of fishing. Caught a few landbased GTs to 12kg on the Gold Coast live baiting and GTs to 35kg trolling lures around the shallow reefs out from Brisbane. Never caught a good GT on a popper/stickbait other then rats in the estuaries to 4kg on the light gear.

Recently bought all the gear (With no idea) so will hopefully be hooked up soon. Already learnt a heap of info and techniques from here which will no doubt help on my quest. Will definitely keep you posted and may your backs be broken along with the lures.

ReynerOnggara

September 19, 2012, 03:45:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

My nickname is ReyFisherman, Realname Reyner, I fish mostly in Indonesia right now and based in Jakarta.
Used to be fishing in West Australian Waters and used to be addicted to sambo jigging.
As jigging gets harder in Jakarta, started to learn new technique which is popping and I'm mostly going around Java Island just to do some popping.
Still learning the technique and hoping to pick up lots of new techniques from the people in this forum.
I also learnt quiet alot of technique from Mr.Jon Li had a chat with him a few months ago in his shop.

Rey
Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:48:04 PM by ReynerOnggara

Tommy Du

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 14, 2012, 11:32:27 PM
Hi my names Tom
 Am a Sydney base jigger and am thinking about moving on to popping as a mate is setting a up a fishing business in the cook island so just learning as much as I can here before I head over there
Used to drop now onto pop

Lou arellano

November 15, 2012, 07:12:11 PM
Hi All

My name is Lou and I am in the process of buying a Stickbait rod to chase kings on the south coast...

Thats why i have joined this site...

Cheers

Lou

Adam Gladwin

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 15, 2012, 11:33:31 PM
Hi guys,name is Adam,

I am a keen Fisher who lives in South Australia.I mainly chase kings,tuna,Sambos and anything else that Will stretch me,haha.here in South Aus I pop,jig and baitfish for kings,love popping and very keen to plan some trips North on the Gts and possibly further overseas.Super keen to learn more about Gt popping in general,awesome site guys,cheers!

Michael Morgan

November 15, 2012, 11:51:13 PM
Hello All. Just a quick hello. Im new to this style of fishing but am keen into landing some GT's out at Oysters and Murions at Exmouth and in my backyard in the Dampier Archipelego. Hope to get as much info as I can here and maybe  one day make some  contributions to the forum.

Aaron Levien

• Fusilier
  • Team Assassin
  • Liked:
November 18, 2012, 11:43:49 AM
Hey Guys and Girls... Names Aaron, i was pointed in this direction by Mark Amerstid and must say this site looks good. My partner and I are hard core finatics on the Jigging front
and have recently introduced ourselves to TOP WATER action. We are from Whangamata New Zealand (which is just above where Mark is based "Tauranga") and we both enjoy
the same play ground.... MAYOR ISLAND chasing kings. Anyway we look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing our reports and knowledge with you.

If you want to know more about us head on over to our FACE BOOK page, like us, watch all our VIDEO clips (top water action currently being made) and see our Photos of our recent
feats.

http://www.facebook.com/AssassinProJiggingTeam

Sweet Thanks guys talk soon

Cheers Aaron and Kelly
Team Assassin

follow us at:
http://www.facebook.com/AssassinJigTeam

Mark Armistead

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 18, 2012, 03:40:10 PM
Welcome aboard Aaron, im sure the guys on here willbe keen to see some of your exploits.

Aaron Levien

• Fusilier
  • Team Assassin
  • Liked:
November 19, 2012, 05:38:59 AM
Cheers Marky... I might kick it off by posting up that Topwater session Kelly and I had about 3 weeks ago at Mayor. Will do that tonight
Team Assassin

follow us at:
http://www.facebook.com/AssassinJigTeam

Tom McCafferty

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 05, 2012, 10:26:12 PM
Hi Im Tom,

I live in Brisbane Bayside area and am new to Popping and Just got a setup the other day and some lures to get through a couple of trips. 
Im Working at Fish Head until the move in January and have learnt a lot from the boys
and am keen to get out and harras some big gt's around the point lookout area and tweed when I can get down there.

Cheers

Neville Haglund

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 28, 2012, 02:36:50 PM
Seasons greetings everyone,my name is Neville and I now reside in Auckland NZ.
I've been targeting GT's as a species for approximately 12 years now and it all started when I saw a work up of them at Matamanoa Island in the Mamanuca Island group in Fiji.The work up was about the same size as the MCG.Iwas hooked and returned to Fiji up to three times yearly targeting them.Back in those days because of the limited gear available to tackle these fish it wasn't difficult to loose up to 8 or so poppers a day.Got a little expensive at times.How equipment has progressed to what we have available today.
Eventually I came across the Nomad charter operation ,did Bugatti,WOW which really opened my eyes as to what you have to do to target GT's seriously.This led to a second trip a short time ago to the Ribbon Reefs with them and following discussions with the crew I was introduced to MCA and this forum.
I had read numerous articles by the originators of this forum on GT's and quickly developed a respect for there abilities so it just all seem to fit.I've been fishing for 50 years and it's hard to believe I'm a "Newbie" at this when I'm close to 60.
Pop it, pop it, rip it, rip it, eat it, eat it, tight line, FISH ON, YES!

Andrew Smith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 28, 2012, 09:02:40 PM
Hi all.
I'm Andy and have been fishing all my life, grew up on trout lakes and estuaries with a love for lure fishing. Moved onto bluewater fishing and bounced around in the fishing industry for nearly ten years. Did a small amount of gt fishing years ago an loved it.

Recently got back into it and it seems i can't contain my thirst! Living in Victoria means that time gt  fishing is limited and trips here on other species have to suffice.....  :'(

Is it wrong to wish for global warming to speed up?? Lol maybe i need to move!!

Roberto Allievi

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 13, 2013, 02:40:55 AM
Hi i'm Roberto, 21 from Italy!

I started with popping and jigging not long times ago but from the first fishing trip ( nosy be) the love started..

Sorry if sometimes my english will be not correct

bye bye :)