Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dogfight servicing
November 04, 2008, 08:09:33 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering, how often do you open up the body of your reels for servicing ? I can do the drags but haven't opened mine up or dropped off for a service yet. Is there anything special to servicing these reels or can the local store do it for me.....

cheers

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Dogfight servicing
November 05, 2008, 05:38:13 PM
I personally prefer to let the experts at Daiwa handle this
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
November 06, 2008, 08:15:50 AM
The local guy I always use said to take it to Daiwa as well. Rang Daiwa and they are flat caht at the moment, but dont need to service it that often if its only being used a few times a month. So will drop it off after this summer season.

stuart bradley

November 07, 2008, 08:30:25 PM
Youve had plenty of reels in pieces Andrew. Im interested to see if they are really complicated inside, but I dont see it happening as the complicated ones are normally pretty easy to break. People always said to me that tiagras are crazy inside and springs fly out everywhere, they are almost smack bang the same as a penn inter inside. All pretty standard lever drag stuff.

Go on, pull it down and tell us what its like ;D

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 07, 2008, 08:58:55 PM
OT :

Among the game trolling reel , Everol is the most complicated and might be the one where springs fly out .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
November 07, 2008, 09:43:17 PM
Im not quite so keen to experiment with my expensive reels....pulling things apart is easy - but getting them back together is a different story.A bit like my home made poppers  :( . Was informed that Daiwa needed some different tools for the main gear inside.