Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi Ben, definately give it a good go!! But will also look forward to your 60th!

Hi Andy, the fishing was good and was great to have everyone out on the water!

Hi Vincenzo, give us a shout can make a plan!

Cheers
Nick

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I think this site has become one dominated by Oman... ;D

Must be an incredible place to fish....Everything is just BIG.

Pete

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Pete,

The pictures are great but the stats speak for themselves.

It's an extraordinary fishery as well as an extraordinary place to visit.

We caught 19 GTs in 5 days. The smallest was 107cm and the biggest 143cm. The mean, median and mode were probably all within a cm or two, probably around 123/124cm.

Make no mistake, we hooked up to bigger fish as well but they were way too good for any of us and are just 'fond' memories. 

Regards,

Trevor

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Nick,

Great pictures - especially interesting was that blood snapper.

Just an idea: The vertical hold under the gills for the AJ's probably isn't the best way for the fish if they're intended for release.

Don't let that detract an excellent report.
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Michael Sammut

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
awesome report.  i'll have to get over there soon!

waynedejager

To Nick, Damon, Mohamed and Jon,
Thanks for one of the best trips I've done. The whole package was managed professionally and executed 100%! Ashraf and Kariem, your hospitality and catering was top notch! Brilliant and thanks!
And I have to mention Trevor and Alex that added great value to this trip and made it quite a special outing! I Have fished a couple of places in my time and have yet to go to such an rich fishing ground. I finally found my 143cm Geeeet after many years of hunting and many "reefings"!!! I hope that a destination such as this can be cared for and looked after, as places like this seem to be becoming rather scare.
"The Helco Rooster man!!!!

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Pete, We very lucky to have some awesome GT fishing and has taken us a long time to build up this fishery over the last 8 years but just seems to be getting better and better, when we started no one new where Oman so we are proud that this has become a great location. But we have just come back from an exploratory trip that is not in Oman  ;D so will post a report in a couple of days..........

Hi Trevor, The memories of the ones that got away!! It'll keep us going till round 2!

Hi Michael, anytime!

Howzit Wayno! Happy you finally managed the monster you been looking for! We have done a lot of fishing together to find that bad girl Oman, Seychelles and Maldives!! We are always working on conserving this fishery as much as possible with resting areas, good tackle, CR and tackle practices etc But with everything there is always a fine line between money and environment which hopefully will remain in a good balance to enable both the fishery and its dependents to survive in harmony! Its a very special place!

Cheers,
Nick

Matt Born

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Wayne does this finally mean you can get a GT stamp on your leg???

Haha very jealous!

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Matt, Wayno caught the scutts to the leg and cut him a good one so looked like he had some African Tribal Body Mutilation marks!! Something to remember the girl by!