jay currie

Cape Moreton?
March 04, 2009, 10:35:29 PM
Just wondering if any one has any Gt spots around cape moreton?

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cape Moreton?
March 05, 2009, 08:01:08 AM
Jay - you will need to work very hard to get anyone to divulge their secret spots!

Just wondering if any one has any Gt spots around cape moreton?
If it swims; I want to catch it!

jay currie

March 05, 2009, 05:39:45 PM
So does that mean there are Gt's to be caught around moreton island?

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 06, 2009, 09:46:29 PM
The Cape itself through to Hutchies is the main area fished at the northern end, while the 'tight lip Southern Fisho's :-X' fish outside the South Passage around the Flat Rock - Point lookout area, somewhere there:-\ :D
There have been some good captures in both areas, but alas not by me :(, the closest I have been was when I was popping Hutchies last year and a guy pulled a 30kg GT on a trolled minnow from the same spot ::)
Aaron [FishHead] may give you some spots, like where he caught this little 40kg beauty ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Gordon Low

March 07, 2009, 10:32:27 PM
Hey Jay,
Great to catch up with you today at the shop. It's always great to have a yarn with other folk as obsessed with GT fishing as much as we are. Not sure how much Aaron told about spots to try but I'm sure he pointed you in the right direction  ;D

Bun, bring your boat..... we'll show you exactly where they are... hehehe :D

Gordo

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 07, 2009, 11:07:40 PM
Very funny , following you guys around in circles, 45nm from home against your notorious 4Nt current with a 400 Lt Fuel tank! NO THANKS
Greg 'FFF' Burt

jay currie

March 08, 2009, 01:23:53 PM
Hey fish head boys thanks again for all your much needed advice look forward to more of it in the future. It was great talking to experienced gt anglers im still kicking myself for not making time before the Fiji trip i think i would have not lost as many gt's yu need to move your shop closer to my house ;D

I will definetly bring my boat in next time to try those rods out if your keen maybe you can close the shop early one friday or just leave Duncan to hold the fort ;D

Aaron Concord

March 09, 2009, 10:54:21 AM
Jay,

Having you & your mate there was similar to most GT anon. meetings we have through the shop, where we all exchange our problems with our GT addiction :)
Give us a holler first, just to make sure we have the full gang on board to take some of the rods through their paces for you.

Bunny, Bunny, Bunny,

Is Shrek picking on you?? He's not THAT big....the tiny tot powder puff!
If we didn't have a reef-moving/boulder throwing cyclone coming, I'd show you the G Spot....I wanna call a boat that something chronic!!!!!!

Aaron.

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
March 09, 2009, 11:38:43 AM
Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:40:35 AM by Chris Young

Aaron Concord

March 09, 2009, 09:25:26 PM
Crusty,

You make it sound like I care!!!!!!! (oops! Sorry Marie :'( )

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 10, 2009, 01:12:50 PM

Hey Jay,

If you are wanting some practice around Morton try down around The Group of rocks at Point Lookout, find the running tides current and at the moment you will find GT's - not big ones, but plenty of 5 to 15kg models, an absolute hoot on your lighter gear and the smaller poppers and their are heaps of them - well, their was on tuesday anyway......

worth a shot if your keen......

8)

Tri Vi Ton

March 10, 2009, 06:22:02 PM
maybe u wont be selling ur boat anymore LOL

jay currie

March 10, 2009, 08:57:57 PM
Thanks Pete I was SO keen to head out this weekend to give the cape ago but that bloody cyclone >:( Have you had any luck around smiths rock or flinders reef?

Tri we might have to take your hornet ; :D

Tri Vi Ton

March 10, 2009, 10:30:40 PM
jay, you insure me boat, and we will do it!  LOL