Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Stolen Carpenter SP78H
June 14, 2010, 03:45:34 PM
Hi Guys - one of our members in Brisbane who would prefer to remain unnamed has had a SP78H stolen from his house. This is hardly a common piece of equipment and I reckon there wouldn't be five of them in Brisbane. If anyone becomes aware of someone in Australia (particularly Brisbane) trying to flog off a SP78H, could you please advise us. It would be much appreciated. As many of you would be well aware, the loss of a Carpenter model that is not currently in production goes way beyond the dollars.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Stolen Carpenter SP78H
June 14, 2010, 10:20:54 PM
I wonder if the Thief even knows what he's got hold of.
Any other fishing gear to watch out for, as they might try to unload as one.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 15, 2010, 08:00:25 AM
I'm like you - every chance the thief doesn't know what he got hold off but no, it was the only item stolen, Greg

Neale Bird

June 15, 2010, 11:08:26 AM
Sounds like an inside job if it was the only thing stolen  ???

Lars Nielsen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 19, 2010, 08:38:14 PM
I had my rod tube stolen while in the custody of British Airways going through Heathrow. Lost a WV80XH, a DJ83ML, an OH55EXH, a Smith KGS, a rebuilt Aspire, some Orion and Heru lures and lots of other stuff. I am telling you, you never stop dreaming that some day you would get the guy who did it.

Lars

Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
June 20, 2010, 07:52:42 AM
I had my rod tube stolen while in the custody of British Airways going through Heathrow. Lost a WV80XH, a DJ83ML, an OH55EXH, a Smith KGS, a rebuilt Aspire, some Orion and Heru lures and lots of other stuff. I am telling you, you never stop dreaming that some day you would get the guy who did it.

Lars

Are you serious Lars? How long ago was this?
I bought a WV80XH and DJ83ML off ebay from a guy in the UK... he also had a OH55EXH and Smith KGS listed at the time.  >:(
I think I still have all the original emails and contact details for this guy... maybe your dream might come true after all. PM me with the details of when you lost your stuff and if it corresponds with the timing of my purchase, I will pass on all the info I have.

Cheers Rob
<*///><

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 20, 2010, 09:19:57 AM
what is the probability of that?! I think you got the culprit!

Lars Nielsen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 20, 2010, 09:28:19 AM
I think some Heathrow employee is in for a surprise.  >:(

Rob, you got my pulse racing. PM sent.

THANKS!

Lars

Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
June 20, 2010, 09:38:31 AM
Yes Brandon, I couldn't believe it when I read Lars post... not sure of the other gear he has listed, but I have found conclusive proof of at least 3 of the rods I mentioned... and 95% sure of the 4th one, but cant prove it yet.
I have already dug up the culprits full name, email address, user name on another website. By tonight, I should also have his Phone number and Home Address.
I could very well be wrong here, but I get the feeling that the guy I bought the stuff off might have been legit, as in, I dont think he stole the rod tube... but I dare say, he's scored himself a "under the counter" bargain and cashed in on that... but at least we have a lead.

GTPopping.com - The International Crime Fighting Machine!  ;D
<*///><

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 20, 2010, 09:44:20 AM
you'll at least need to give Lars the ability to pursue it
You might need to give to some photos to identify the rods in the first instance

Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
June 20, 2010, 10:03:45 AM
you'll at least need to give Lars the ability to pursue it
You might need to give to some photos to identify the rods in the first instance

I might be able to do one better Brandon... I will probably be able to track down the link for the original ebay listings attached to my emails... this guys had heaps of pics of all 4 rods. Ebay usually dissable veiwing of an old listing after about 3 months I think, but might be able to retrieve an archived file... fingers crossed.
<*///><

Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
June 20, 2010, 10:20:18 AM
I dont want to give too much away at the moment as I dare say there will be an investigation over this... but I did dig up an add this guy placed on another forum... with all pics attached! I have given Lars the link. I do remember seeing the same add on yet another forum, but the listing is no longer there as it's long expired.
What I did find funny when I found my old paypal statement with details for this guy... he has listed "artist" under his occupation... must have been a typo I think... should have been "con-artist"  ;D

Fingers crossed Lars will get to the bottom of this eh  8)
Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:22:39 AM by Robert Palcak
<*///><

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
June 20, 2010, 10:46:43 AM

Lars

Are you serious Lars? How long ago was this?
I bought a WV80XH and DJ83ML off ebay from a guy in the UK... he also had a OH55EXH and Smith KGS listed at the time.  >:(
I think I still have all the original emails and contact details for this guy... maybe your dream might come true after all. PM me with the details of when you lost your stuff and if it corresponds with the timing of my purchase, I will pass on all the info I have.

Cheers Rob

yeah i have seen this off the ebay and i nearly brought the WV80XH and also saw the other that he listed sound the same  but i pulled out .. and i think i have his email somewhere not sure .. but i,m sure that robert will help you out ..  ... and also he was trying to sell it in another forum too ..

i hope this will work out for you ..
Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:54:22 AM by Mick Cunningham

Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
June 20, 2010, 10:55:14 AM
yeah i have seen this off the ebay and i nearly brought the WV80XH but i pulled out ..

I cant believe you pulled out Mick ???... No wait... yes I can  ;) ;D
<*///><

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 20, 2010, 12:49:34 PM
What about how good this site is for 'investigation and Tracking things down'...... 8)

When my Carpenter SP80M went missing in the post I doubt I would have found it without the aid of this site.

Hope you nail the cuplrit Lars...... and get your revenge.

The stolen one in Brissy will pop up somehwere you can bet.

Pete