Andrew Cox

Re: My First GT
July 09, 2011, 10:21:33 PM
Hey thanks for that Vid Coxy as I have that exact same rod and was wondering if it was too light for the chesterfield next year. Seems like it will be fine 8)

What trip are you on Graham I am on the first ?
You will not have any problems with the rod, we have used them with 10,000 and 18,000 stellas with 100 and 120lb locked up to the max, if you can hang onto the rod under that much pressure you will not have a problem, we all no JM make some of the best blanks in the world.

Graham McKenzie

July 10, 2011, 04:52:00 PM
Trip 3 for me coxy so you can leave a few for me and all your poppers on board eah. Theres a good chap 8)

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
July 11, 2011, 11:00:35 AM
Sick report mate,hows that strike in that Video,wow..... :o

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
July 11, 2011, 03:14:36 PM
That strike in the vid is off the charts, insane!

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 11, 2011, 03:32:33 PM
Onya Coxy....Good to see you chasing the real fish. :P ;D

You doing any LBG stuff later this year..?

Pete

Ben Furness

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
July 11, 2011, 04:02:37 PM
Im only a rookie myself, that was my first time chasing them, beer, lunch and fuel that sounds rather tempting though ! lets just say the old GTs a lot easier to find than fish to jig.

Neither are easy when you are land locked like me!  ;D

Andrew Cox

July 11, 2011, 05:07:00 PM

Pete

;D real men fish with metal, just wanted to show you boys even jig fishermen can knock over GTs easy enough  ;) they even took some of my poppers  ;D

Mate I am pumped for this seasons LBG its been rather poor the last couple of years, if the weathers good I will be there every week for 3 days so can pick you up on the way.
I replied to one of your posts on my jigging reports but you might not of seen it, I have some newly designed 85gram metals for them they will be deadly.

Will start heading north middle of next month so will be in touch if you are keen for a recon.

Cheers Coxy

Robin Loi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 11, 2011, 05:10:46 PM
hi andrew, great pictures and some monster of a catch there you've got! great job!! how did the JM popping rod work during this trip? i've been planning (and saving) to get meself one.. do share with us your opinions about the rod ya? cheers mate

For the AU retail of $649 the JM popper rods would be hard to beat in that price range, they have caught many local GTs here this season but will catch many more next, the guys who own them some are very experienced popper fisherman and only have good things to say about them. I have used the whole range of JM casting rods as I do a lot of LBG fishing when the weather allows, they are amazing rods for the price.

Hi Andrew, many thanks for your reply. I, too, agree that JM produces one of the best blanks in the market and quite reasonably priced too! And thank you for your recommendations, i'll be getting the GT Monster, model GT 80 rod. Over in Singapore, the RRP is SGD$772.00 (approx AUD$589.00) .. am pretty sure i would be able to get some discounts too!.. will be testing the rod on a 'virgin' trip to one of the nearby Indonesian island in August then followed by Irian Jaya, Indonesia. Can't wait mate!

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 12, 2011, 08:38:49 AM

Pete

;D real men fish with metal, just wanted to show you boys even jig fishermen can knock over GTs easy enough  ;) they even took some of my poppers  ;D

Mate I am pumped for this seasons LBG its been rather poor the last couple of years, if the weathers good I will be there every week for 3 days so can pick you up on the way.
I replied to one of your posts on my jigging reports but you might not of seen it, I have some newly designed 85gram metals for them they will be deadly.

Will start heading north middle of next month so will be in touch if you are keen for a recon.

Cheers Coxy

I didnt see it sorry mate,
85gram'ers sound the goods......I will give you a ring later.

Pete