Saltywater Tackle

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • SAMI, PAUL & RAYMOND
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Carpenter Monster Hunter 80H in action

With Captain Cameron

El Maestro 77H Prototype in action

The Omani government runs 2 trip a week to transport local to the island back and force free of charge!

Longtail tuna

OBX-300 Prototype Jigging Rod In Action

Igor and his 140cm GT caught on the Race Point 250,

I estimated the fish to be between the 53kg to 55kg mark.

With Captain Saud

Saltywater Tackle

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • SAMI, PAUL & RAYMOND
  • Liked:

Carpenter Gamma in orange abalone still have it's magic when nothing else work

Good Morning Gentleman

Igor strikes again on the Race Point 250 matched with the Shell Shaping popper

New Shell Shaping Prototype lure

The Guys taking a group pictures upon their departures and we are about to welcome the other group,

I stayed 2 days with the second group as i had a family matter to take care of overseas but still manage 2 days worth of pictures from the second group.

Still enjoyed a bit of light tackle and adding new species to the list

A nice Kob on the jig and first time I've seen it in Southern Oman, they are in great number on the right season

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Awesome work fellas! - where on earth did Saad get that Fox top from!? leeching my style man!!!

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Gamefishing Asia Captain
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Nice one big guy its always good to have you back to catch up, catch some fish and get a sneak peak at the prototype goodies you bring with.

Peter Olesen

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Very happy that Michael and Igor got themselves a couple of good fish. That Shell Shaping proto was just making the water into powder! I will remember the strike you had on it for a very very long time even though I saw it from 200 meters away!
"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter." Mark Twain

Saltywater Tackle

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • SAMI, PAUL & RAYMOND
  • Liked:
Awesome work fellas! - where on earth did Saad get that Fox top from!? leeching my style man!!!
[/quote

Hey Alex,
Saud tend to be in fashion more then myself  :)

Nice one big guy its always good to have you back to catch up, catch some fish and get a sneak peak at the prototype goodies you bring with.

Cameron,
Always a pleasure to fish on board with you and catch up with some interesting stories from customers that left behind  ;)

Very happy that Michael and Igor got themselves a couple of good fish. That Shell Shaping proto was just making the water into powder! I will remember the strike you had on it for a very very long time even though I saw it from 200 meters away!

Hi Peter,
We really had a great time while you guys around, talking fishing on the table had never stopped  :)
will make sure that  :)popper will see the light and hopefully the production will start for the new prototype with  bit of tweak to it :)

Tight lines
    Sami

Martin Gundersen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Nice report, thanks for sharing.

Is the OBX-300 prototype a PE4-6 rod?
Do you have a expected release date on the rod?
Tight lines
Martin

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Sami awesome report Big Guy and always a pleasure having you with us in Oman and Dubai!! Love the new rods going to be awesome and work very well for our waters! Super chuffed Igor sealed the deal on a big fish even though fish was tough!!

Cheers,
Nick

Saltywater Tackle

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • SAMI, PAUL & RAYMOND
  • Liked:
Nice report, thanks for sharing.

Is the OBX-300 prototype a PE4-6 rod?
Do you have a expected release date on the rod?

Hi Martin,
Sorry for the late reply, yes the OBX-300 is going to be rated PE4-6 with a maximum jig of 300g, it is still under testing so we might tweak a bit here and there to suit the ultimate performance, i will be heading to a new destination in a couple of days and i hope i will be able to conduct my final testing to finalize it, if all goes as planned it will be released in April 2014.
  Tight lines
   Sami