Marko Pekic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help needed. where to fish in usa??? NY to miami
October 27, 2014, 08:44:30 PM
I will be heading to usa from australia next july/august and be doing the drive from new york to miami. I enjoy both popping/stickbaiting and jigging so what are my options? when is north carolina good for those monster tuna sami lands? Any reccomendations will be appreciated. Want to make it a good trip for my first to the states.
cheers ,
Marko
When x meets y

Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Sami's monster tuna are more like February to April. That time of year tuna fishing should be decent from Massachusetts through New York and New Jersey but is highly variable each year. Our summertime can be a bit difficult since the water will be well over 80 degrees from North Carolina through Florida. Good fishing can be had on reef species and amberjacks just about anywhere from North Carolina and south of there. Florida fishing will not be great due to water temps. Early July is much different than late August. Pinpointing a time could be key but those would be general guidelines. I am in South Carolina and could get you out on some cobia, amberjack and grouper that time of year.

Marko Pekic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Ok awsome I will defs get back to you about proper set dates soon just have to figure out what dates my old man is dedicating to his car shows. What sort of jig gear for the ajs/cobia  pe3 to 5 or more ?
When x meets y

Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Pe3-5 will claim most species on the entire East Coast of the US during that time of year. The Chesapeake Bay around Virginia has some great sight fishing for cobia that time of year if that is your thing. Check out a charter named "Salt Treated" in that area, they are very dialed in to that fishery.

Here is a video of a pe3 cobia last year where I live. Some comedy and bad words but the fish ended up a respectable #77 or 35kg:

6o7xw

Marko Pekic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
haha that looks like awsome fun, and defs a solid cobes. It might be mid to late july at this stage but will let you know when its decided, thanks.
Marko
When x meets y