• GT Monster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: GT Products
April 16, 2009, 08:38:24 AM

jay currie

May 08, 2009, 07:12:44 PM
I think $45 for quality poppers is fair but those hammer heads at $160 are going to hurt when lost. I would like to see some purpose built popper tackle boxes or bags that are also great for travelling with.

Kurt Carlson

May 09, 2009, 05:52:13 AM
I think Rigging kits would be a cool addition.  Kind of like the nut & bolt kits at the hardware store.  Should have a small range of the really strong solid/split rings, hooks, swivels and possibly an instruction sheet for making leaders. Put it all in one of those compartmented plastic cases....and add in a decent pair of split ring pliers.  A good way to get the new folks started.

Now all is needed is what most folks said...reasonably low priced strong lures.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
May 13, 2009, 05:42:59 PM
I think $45 for quality poppers is fair but those hammer heads at $160 are going to hurt when lost. I would like to see some purpose built popper tackle boxes or bags that are also great for travelling with.

I would like to create Hammerhead quality poppers (dare say craftbait), at a $60 - $70 price point. Only a dream at the moment but day by day we are moving closer to reality. Wheels are moving people!  ;)

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
May 13, 2009, 05:43:34 PM
I think Rigging kits would be a cool addition.  Kind of like the nut & bolt kits at the hardware store.  Should have a small range of the really strong solid/split rings, hooks, swivels and possibly an instruction sheet for making leaders. Put it all in one of those compartmented plastic cases....and add in a decent pair of split ring pliers.  A good way to get the new folks started.

Now all is needed is what most folks said...reasonably low priced strong lures.

Good idea Kurt - will definitely consider this.

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
May 13, 2009, 06:24:24 PM

I would like to create Hammerhead quality poppers (dare say craftbait), at a $60 - $70 price point. Only a dream at the moment but day by day we are moving closer to reality. Wheels are moving people!  ;)

I do create Hammerhead quality poppers (dare I say better), at $89 price point....reality ;D

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
May 13, 2009, 06:26:12 PM
Now now Chris - that is $19.00 over  ;) ;D

Narc

May 13, 2009, 09:31:43 PM
Have you guys tried one of these? or are they available in Australia's market at all?
Arm-sleeves - helps take away the direct burns on the arms and fashionable at the same time. This pair (photo) is made from some quick dry fabric, ultra stretchable and keep its shape very well. Most importantly, there is no discomfort when wearing it. I think it is a great product.

samuel lee

May 13, 2009, 11:15:14 PM
Ah Gu

We have those arm bands for sale at golf retailers in Singapore. To keep the strong sun off your arms and wick up the sweat from the humid conditions. 

Swing easy

Sam

Narc

May 13, 2009, 11:26:26 PM
Ah Gu

We have those arm bands for sale at golf retailers in Singapore. To keep the strong sun off your arms and wick up the sweat from the humid conditions. 

Swing easy

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the heads up.
Will that happen to be in Pan west or any other merchants in particular?
Would certainly help with the hunt for it.

Thanks

samuel lee

May 13, 2009, 11:37:34 PM
Hi

Fourth Floor golf retailer at Takashimaya Department Store on Orchard Road

The only colour is white. They also have designs printed in black on the bottom half of the sleeve.

I ll swing by Taka tomorrow and revert with more details.

Sam

Rohit Saqa Lal

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 14, 2009, 12:00:14 AM
More rods but around the $500 price bracket that are light and powerful. Alot of the sweet rods are pushing $1k almost.

I have been trying to develop exactly that but its hard work. Blank design and manufacturer are on tap but market research on limited budget is punishing. I have been hoping to make some contacts who would like to max out some prototypes

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
May 14, 2009, 08:00:11 PM
Yes they are available, we use them in baseball all the time, been around for many a years now (atleast 15yrs)

earlhamilton

May 15, 2009, 02:22:50 PM
These arm bands are everywhere in the Philippines. The Tricycle drivers and bikers use them. Yoy can buy them on the street for just a couple of dollars. Gloves made out of the same material are also everywhere, but not to fit huge great western mits like mine!