Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Unfortunately, a sad reality for us, Aaron. Every trip we go on, he kicks my butt and it doesn't matter whether it is GTs or something else like sailfish. Last year at Rompin, the sailfish were driving Malcolm and myself crazy but Kenji was catching fish after fish on baby Gammas.

Malcolm is a tremendously good GT angler and one of the best I know but Kenji is a freak - and it's not just his ability to work the surface stickbait. He seems to have this uncanny ability to know when he needs to change to a popper or skip a pencil across the surface to break a quiet period.

I did a bit of a sketch yesterday of the size of that doggie relative to its gape on a proportional basis to the poor fish that got mauled. Uh, it was ridiculous.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I think that could have just about won the prize at Elusive. 8)

Pete

Aaron Concord

Brandon,

He is a freak!
And one we aspire to be.

It is cool to see someone that good just fish.  Do nothing but watch them.
There ability to be wired to all things piscatorial and to adapt to the conditions is cool to watch.

So, how big was the dogtooths head? 
Take a picture and put it up......I wanna see it!

Brad.Bell

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
top stuff, what a great trip.  Really hard to read without green envy setting in well done!

Santosh Shanmuga

Awesome report Brandon!

Dale Ianna

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Sounds like you guys had a ball, it's an awesome feeling to organize a trip that long in the planning and it to all go that great with the weather and the awesome fishing. 

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
Just catching up to this report... absolutely mind blowing stuff Brandon, thanks so much for sharing such a great experience..
Must be truly fantastic to fish in such an incredible place, with such fine anglers...

Now, on to that Doggie.... A potential new spearfishing World Record was shot off Latham Island in Tanzania last week.... by the one anhd only Cameron Kikconnell, which broke his existing record of 90 kilos...

Apparently 110kilos plus, still pending on official weights etc...
I know we aren't all Spearing fans, but this shows just how big these bloody things can get... and according to Cameron, they saw a few bigger....

Pretty awesome fish... no doubt the one that attacked Kenji-San's was at least this size...
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

DarrylMartin

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Man that is huge. It looks like Bali has lost its record (also Cameron).

Kaiser Pro Shop

WOW~!!! Cameron's done it again!

It was pleasure to have him at Kaiser a month ago! Incidentally, he borrowed some of our jig n pop tackle for his Tanzania trip  :D Hope he put the tackle to good use!

The Batu Abah Bali Record:

Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 07:52:03 PM by Kaiser Pro Shop

Bertrand Picarda

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Fantastic catch and respect to the spearo...

Incidentally I wanted to comment on the new large Gammas 240 which I saw at $180.00 and already sold out ???  :o

Cheers,

Bertrand

denis

Master class, Brandon.........................Master class !

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Looks like an awesome trip - that last pic of the doggie makes you wonder!!!