Robert Woll

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Topwater Lure Library
March 19, 2013, 07:15:22 AM
Hi all,

I really like Brandon's (must-read) recommendation for poppers but after reading through so many posts I noticed that all this information about tackle somehow lacks structure. So I thought let's give it a try and see whether I find like-minded people who are willing to contribute to a structured "Topwater Lure Library".

My idea is the following: if you would like to share your experience with a specific lure with the rest of us 'GT poppers', just try to use the following form / structure (I put some imaginary popper data as an example):

Manufacturer: Acme Ltd.
Name: Xtreme Chugger X
Type: Popper (out of: popper, stickbait, pencil popper, other)
Productivity / Catching Performance: 8 (out of: 1-poor to 10-excellent)
Casting performance: 3 (out of: 1-poor to 10-excellent)
Durability: 9 (out of: 1-poor to 10-excellent)
Ease of use: Intermediate (out of: Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced)
Suited weather conditions: calm sea (out of: rough sea / calm sea / all conditions)
Recommended colors: Bonito, Silver
Preferred hooks / rig setup: single 9/0 assist hook at the tail
How to work: hard strokes, long pauses

I know this is might seem a lot but why not give it a try? If you can't say anything about colors or whatever just leave it out.

I commit to collecting all your posts once a week for the next three weeks. That means: I will copy-paste your contributions into this post. If multiple people share their experiences on the same lure I will try to merge them. If enough people participate in this initiative I will continue 'moderating' this thread for longer.

I hope I could grab your attention and interest. Tight lines!

Robert