i bet that brandon will have his eye on this ....  ;D ;D ;D

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: custom dogfight
October 13, 2008, 08:48:57 PM
These mods are getting worse than cars  :D

And Brandon's already just bought some new gold/silver porches with aftermarket bumpers!
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 13, 2008, 09:25:58 PM
Very Sexy ;),

Handle looks like 'studio ocean mark' gear, what is the scoop with the spool??

Cheers
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 13, 2008, 10:09:24 PM
My Dogfights are already as customised as I want them to be.

I ain't touching any SOM aftermarket parts. The handles break as easily as the original and I don't reckon their spools are as good as the original.

Btw, I can't see the picture - something wrong with my profile but I gather that  you guys must be looking at the No Limits parts. These have actually been out for a little while bit not widely available.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Andrew Woodley-Page

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 13, 2008, 10:38:35 PM
Agreed, sure look specy though.
I have 2 SOM spools for my 6000GT's.  I chose them for cosmetic reasons only.  I then went to upgrade the drag from the teflon washers that come standard with the SOM to carbontex and found the drag stacks of the SOM spools are shorter than the drag stacks of the OEM Daiwa Saltiga spools, what a pain.  I had to get thin c'tex and thin Saltiga washers and got there in the end, but the additional cost and stuffing around to get it right wasnt worth it, I will not bother again. 
awp

I ain't touching any SOM aftermarket parts. The handles break as easily as the original and I don't reckon their spools are as good as the original.

Btw, I can't see the picture - something wrong with my profile but I gather that  you guys must be looking at the No Limits parts. These have actually been out for a little while bit not widely available.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 14, 2008, 02:45:30 AM
Guys ,

This wud be my " custom " handles , if I ever need one and I wud stay with Yumeya spool for Stella .

http://www.mcworks.jp/tuning/bbph/bbph2.html or http://www.oct.zaq.ne.jp/ccm/exroom.htm

Jon .
Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 03:31:21 AM by Jon Li
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 16, 2008, 02:16:18 PM
I agree with Jon
The Medusa Custom Works handles are exemplary - but they don't miss you one little bit!!

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 17, 2008, 01:49:55 PM
god that's a sickly looking purple spinfisher in Jon's second link.  If I was feeling seasick I reckon that would just about push me over the edge! 
Cairns Bommie Basher

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 17, 2008, 02:39:18 PM
Dear people - I need to be a bit more careful with the language I use. I have now had a few queries from people wanting to buy aftermarket handles because of my rather loose comment that the handles break easily.

It is a fact that I have compromised a number of handles but the use I put them through is brutal and they are used far more regularly than what most people put them through. If you have a Dogfight, you do not need to rush out to replace the handle. I would also comment, however, that the MC Works handle is superior to the OEM but it will cost something like 1/3 the price of a new reel.

Sorry for the loose comment - I should know better. Btw, I have not been reproached by any Daiwa dealer or Daiwa itself. Simply that with the questions I was getting that I should be more careful with my words.

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 23, 2008, 03:13:43 PM
Any comments on Yumeya handles for the new 08 stellas??

Thanks
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 23, 2008, 04:09:50 PM
Any comments on Yumeya handles for the new 08 stellas??

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy ,

Yumeya is very much Shimano official tune up equipments supplier and could well be owned by Shimano , therefore the handle would fit new Stella well .
Fondled SW18000XG yesterday with carbon grip , it's getting nicer n nicer and may be good for a birthday present although a Blackberry Bold is on the list too !

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
October 23, 2008, 06:00:37 PM
Jon,

where is the best place to buy the carbon grip from for the 18k & 10k?

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 23, 2008, 07:03:15 PM
Jon,

where is the best place to buy the carbon grip from for the 18k & 10k?

Hi Brock ,

I can imagine any Shimano dealer can place order for you , I will ask around and if they have them in stock , can arrange Jessica to send it to you .

Jon .

Zeck Lim

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 23, 2008, 08:29:58 PM
Jon, I have the Blackberry Bold (and the 08 Stella 10K). Both are equally nice though the BB hung on me a few times now!

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 23, 2008, 08:57:32 PM
Jon, I have the Blackberry Bold (and the 08 Stella 10K). Both are equally nice though the BB hung on me a few times now!

Hi Zeck ,

Myself prefer Stella SW18000XG over BB but my daughter who has BB already keep on suggesting I should have BB too , may be she is feeling uncomfortable using BB while the father is only using old Nokia , truthfully I won't even benefit it much by using BB but new Stella 18000XG for future GT fishing trips  ::) .

Jon .