Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
i am looking for some one to tag along with me  ;D to go on a GT fishing trip at frazer island  through the next 3 month,s  ::) .. cos the watch tower charter can only go out if there is more than 4 min to 6 max  and we can head out and have some try  ;).

and try to hook a new record GT he he . cos  there was a 68.5kg up there few year back jeez ::)

if you want to stay over nite they can but only max of 4 plus crew.

the watch tower charter  is at hervey bay .

hey brandon maybe you should tag along wink .. grin ... i know you got another trip,s hehehe

let,s make a plan if we talk about it now ???? shall we ???

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Mick

I can't really fit it in in 2008. I'm in Cairns from end of this week and then I have a couple of days in Fremantle in December. I'm then away for most of January and then I'm off to Shoalwater with Nomad pretty much as soon as I return in February. I then have Bugatti in April and Marion in May. I'd be pushing the friendship at work a bit too far, I think. Also, the Breaksea Spit is scary city. The weather there is crook more often than not. There is just too much chance of going up there and then catching a plane home without going fishing.

It can't be a minimum of 4 people. A game boat simply operates on the basis of a a daily rate  ???
Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 01:37:41 AM by Brandon Khoo
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Wow your,re a busy man . maybe i should take some of your trip so you can rest  ::) ::) ;D

i,m still waiting on a email back from the charter . so see what happen,s then after that .

yea it is a scary city i know i will lose couple lure,s  but that is part of  FISHING grin .
i am thinking about heading up around new moon with the big tide   on dec or jan or feb so there is three chance to hook one  :o ;D .

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Any news on this Mick ? I am planning a trip shortly and can't decide if we should take up our own tinnies or just get on a charter up their? I believe it would be great either way but the northerlies can make the beach launches fun - so i'm told........ So the charter may be the smarter way to go..... I just want a crack at the whoppers that reside in that water and from Brissie its such a short trip, so I 've got no excuses..............

8)

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
hi peter .
how are you i,m good . i still haven,t heard back from the charter i think i will call them soon to see what is happening .
 if you want to take the tinnies it would be lot cheaper  cos there is lot of goldies, out there  we can use small popper . i not mind  sharing the fuel , etc . if you want to ???

but i can hire a big boat say 6m that will take us to top of the frazer  . but got to shre the cost  jeez .

yeah i guess you are right about the short trip in the bay from home . cos aaron got one out there . let me know if you want to head out there .

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
If we could organise enough boats - we could possibly pull off a GTPopping members weekend trip or something similar? All costs shared, or perhaps, non-boaters pay all fuel costs...

Thoughts?

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hey Mick,

Cost sharing is not a problem, I live for this stuff. 6 m sounds good as ours are 5.5 and 4.65  and possibly a Cruisy 685 but hey if it is possible to get one up thier then even better, any more info on that would be great.

Hey Luke -my thoughts are       ::)  "hmmmmm donuts"   ::)

seriously I think that is a great idea - to anyone interested - let us know and lets go, bring your poppers and lets get on it....... the big boys are their now............

8)

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
yeah sound good  i argee with luke what a great idea ....  the more action will happen i hope  ::) ;D
if we organise a big trip  would be a great fun . and it will be great to meet as well .  8)

AHH  hi peter
you beat me  :P. now i have to change it all again GRIN  ::).

you got 5.5m boat that sound good .  ;)

yea i might need more ppl to tag along  ;). i think i have two friend that might be interested plus me grin  :)

maybe aaron as well ???  ::) who know,s cos he has been there ....  :-X

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hey Mick,

Whats the go with the 6m hire boats ?    ???

8)

Aaron Concord

Mick,
Never been there...don't know what your talking about  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I know Rob from Bundaberg Gamefishing Charters (boat is Watch Tower 36 Blackwatch)
The distance to do it by yourself is pretty mega...it's 60NM just to get to the 4mile crossing on Breaksea Spit from Urangan.
If you are going to do it saftely, I'd suggest a 6.5m vessel minimum to hold enough fuel!!
We used to do 3 days on Reelsport, though for a 7.2m Kevlacat, it held 950l of fuel...
Some guys take extra & put it on Rooneys Point or Whathumba Creek...not sure of the legalities if the Parks & Wildlife found you placing 1000l of unleaded on the beach!!!
Sandy Cape Shoals & Spit Bombie IS WORTH IT THOUGH!!!!!!!!!
BREAK SEA...THE HOME OF THE MEGA GT!!!!!!!!!

Peter,
has that got you revved!!!!
Bet your tacho is at 7000 RPM!!!

Aaron.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Is it practical/safe to launch trailer boats from the North-West corner of Frasier? Assuming you would camp and stay at least several nights.

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hey Aaron,

70000000000RPM yo..... Check your email,

I should have opened this first - sorry Luke - I have sent both you gentleman an email re this.

So Aaron - Break sea, could we do it from a small tinnie off the Island or should I fly in the float plane ? Call up the Ultimate Lady or something " The home of the Mega GT"   I need to be their....... you understand you 40 kg King.....   :D

We are hungry for some Fraser GT's - any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.......

8)

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
oh yea i argee with you peter   I,m Damn hungry  ;D ::)

Aaron nice move  :D :D you know what i,m talking about  ;) ;D

you know rob ( watch tower 36 black watch) damn it . that is what i,m talking about going out them them . hey why not you give him a ring (ask him for a discount for the gtpooping member,s  ;) ;D ) . cos i have tryed to contract him but can,t get thought to him . ???

luke not a bad idea .  see what happen,s with other,s who argee,s

hey everybody .  i have a another option ??  how about a house boat .  and it can park at rooney point . . so  we can tow our tinnies and then go fishing just around the corner ???  ::) ;D

Aaron Concord

Luke,
The farthest up the INSIDE beach you can camp is Whathumba Creek...it is still a 30NM run to THE GT spot...there are others, though Spit Bommie is THE HOME OF THE MEGA GT....and it's a loooooong way.
Can trailer up inside beach & beach launch though extra fuel is a problem.
Launch from Urangan and its a good 70NM run to spit bommmie....fuel issues again.
Tow up ocean beach to Waddy Point and punch through the surf...shorter run though exposed particularly on return run....fuel available from Orchid Beach.
Need a boat large enough to carry fuel to do the run....there are every other pelagic roaming the waters up there as well....sails, 3 marlin species, wahoo, doggies, spaniards, dolphinfin fish....do I need to go on??

Mick,
A house boat is iffy...don't believe they will allow the boats out of Sandy Straits due to the exposed nature of Platypus Bay :(
I can try Rob...see where he is??

Pete,
After tonights call....7000000000000000000000 RPMS!!!

Cheers

Aaron.

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
G'day Aaron
My little Joshua has 380km range on std tank (should be enough for one run atleast) though I'm a bit concurned about the nature of the place, never been there but I expect it could get pretty ugly on the weather front at times , any info on this? best weather systems etc  ???
Cheers Chris